Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Sussex Village ?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Gully said:
I have never liked Pulborough at all, always found it a bit rough, particularly the Swan pub...I grew up in Storrington, it was completely off bounds, full of punchy jockeys.

Pulborough is awful. And if you have the misfortune of living in a surrounding village, you have to include Pulborough in your address. No idea why.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Grendel said:
(a) because Lindfield doesn't exist as a postal address - it comes under Haywards Heath and (b) you can walk from Wilmington Way to Backwoods Lane in two minutes without realising that you've left Haywards Heath and entered a so-called village - there's no boundary between the two whatsoever.

The only reason I'm bitter is because Lindfield has the Stand Up and Haywards Heath doesn't :)

That's not the case anymore - Lindfield now exists as it's own postal address after some oldies protested.

Stand Up:bowdown: :bowdown:

Incidently Horsted Keynes is very nice but is let down by the fact it's in the middle of nowhere. Alfriston though is in a decent location, and is a cracking village.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
ginadim, and if it isn't bad enough including Pulborough in your address...you get a Redhill postcode!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Glynde is quite nice, if you ignore the obvious problem of there only being one train out of it an hour, and two buses a day....:D

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Gully said:
ginadim, and if it isn't bad enough including Pulborough in your address...you get a Redhill postcode!!!

Better than the SE25 (Selhurst, eek) and CR5 (Crawley) that I used to have. But RH20 does taint the pride of having West Sussex on the address.

I sent a postcard to my Dad. I just put his name, West Chiltington, RH20. And it got to him within 2 days.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Barrel of Fun said:
West Chiltington has a few redeeming features.

I hope you mean my part time residence there :blush:
Or is it the tri-tandem bicycle that you seem to love so much???
I'm coming home on Friday to lovely Sussex, hooray.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Grendel said:
(a) because Lindfield doesn't exist as a postal address - it comes under Haywards Heath and (b) you can walk from Wilmington Way to Backwoods Lane in two minutes without realising that you've left Haywards Heath and entered a so-called village - there's no boundary between the two whatsoever.

The only reason I'm bitter is because Lindfield has the Stand Up and Haywards Heath doesn't :)
I always thought that, historically, at least, Haywards Heath was a suburb of Lindfield. It's just that the smaller one has grown into the bigger one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I cast my first vote for... Alfriston. I am rather partial to a cream tea. So I suppose I'd have to vote for Litlington as well.

Also, I guess I'd have to say East Dean, because I could never say Seaford, and it's the nearest village to the walk down the meandering river at Cuckmere Haven, which, partaking of such an activity on a summer's evening is as mellow and as pleasant (usually) as you can get in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here