Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite saying ?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Mine tend to be

"fair to middling" when asked how I am
"No Worries" when someone appologises
"Bollwicks" instead of Bollocks when i do things wrong (use this most of time TBH)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum', the BSM's sympathetic phrase whenever anyone had a complaint:

Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind :yawn:

Starting to use it to excess with some of the moaning buggers I work with.......

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
When asked a question which is clearly going to garner a response in the affirmative, I will often say 'Are The Kennedys gun-shy?' or 'Is Salman Rushdie ex-directory?'

I also like to blurt 'that's got more head than the Elephant Man!' when offered a badly poured pint.

Only people of a certain age seemed to be amused by these.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"au contraire" used in an appropriate situation and as per Blackadder

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
When asked a question which is clearly going to garner a response in the affirmative, I will often say 'Are The Kennedys gun-shy?' or 'Is Salman Rushdie ex-directory?'

Another on the same line is " Is the Pope Catholic?"

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

I also like to blurt 'that's got more head than the Elephant Man!' when offered a badly poured pint.

Only people of a certain age seemed to be amused by these.

I will use the elephant man one when next in pub..v good!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Another on the same line is " Is the Pope Catholic?"

My fave saying is a corruption of that..." Does the pope shit in the woods? "

"my Gran could have done better/done that/scored from that distance, and she's brown bread"

"we" when talking to people I want to work for me. I say "we need to get that done in this way" etc. I think it re-inforces the idea that I am holding them responsible.

"you're having a bubble", the obvious cockernee rhyming jaunty slang which everyone loves.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Say, when drilling into a particularly hard section of concrete........'It harder than a whore' s heart'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here