Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite FIVE bands ever

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I bet you're serious. He's dull dull dull. Ever heard of passion or personality? (Having a song with the word 'f***' in the title doesn't count.)

Im not a fan of his music but yes I am serious. I like his cos he pays for Hove Lawns FC's home and away kit out of his advertising budget.

And he is a decent midfielder.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
1 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
2 Neil Young
3 Ten
4 Bob Catley with or without Magnum
5 Tangerine Dream

. . . but 3-5 change according to what mood I am in

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
U2
Depeche Mode
Nirvana
The Smiths
The Stone Roses

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I only really have 3 bands who I would class as absolute favourites. I like loads of other stuff, but without these 3, life would not be good.

Queen
Pink Floyd
Genesis

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
New Order
Nirvana
Pulp
Killers
Girls Aloud

That variety should keep me sorted for a little while.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Almost impossible to narrow down to five, but here goes :

Ras Michael & The Sons of Negus - Nyabinghi don't get better than this for me. I could of included any number of reggae artists, but this lot move me more than any.

Stimmhorn - Truly unique yodelling/overtone singing/alpine horn/accordian/trumpet playing duo from Switzerland that blows me away everytime.

The Cinematic Orchestra Top of my Jazz pack. Cinematic Jazz that just reaches extraordinary heights when coupled with Fontella Bass on vocals.

Fela Kuti : Again, could of included any number of African artists, but Fela invented a genre in 'Afrobeat' and probably did more than any other artist to introduce a world wide audience to 'African' music. Oh, and remained a true revolutionary until the day he died. In simple terms - Nigeria's Bob Marley.

U.Srinivas : Again, another musical innovator of the highest order. Silenced all the musical snobs in proving that you can play classical Indian ragas on electric mandolin after all, AND without destroying them !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In no particular order:

The Strokes
The Killers
T Rex
Prince
The Rolling Stones

Bubbling under The Beatles and Elvis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports