Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Fave Ever AWAY Win ?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Tough choice. My first away game was a 1-0 defeat bristol rovers in about 1994, But I didnt start going away regularly till 1999.

A memorable game for me was forest the year before last, we won 1-0 and Virgo scored. It was midweek and they battered us for a round 60 mins and couldnt score.

However Mcshanes winner at palace comes close to being the greatest moment In my albion supporting life. Never forget that night. I was at edgar street in 97 although It wasnt strictly a win it was a super day!

So Palace takes it.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
From recent years it has to be the Palace win (was fortunate enough to be in one of the boxes above the goal - didn't realise how many Albion fans were up there until we scored!!)

Norwich 1-0 - think it was on Boxing Day.

Port Vale 1-0 after we'd secured the Championship (Watto's free-kick)

From the early 90's (think it was the play-off season) Ipswich 3-1 - we were 3-0 up after about 10 minutes!

Millwall play-off 2nd leg 2-1 at the old Den

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Loads, but here's a few

Newcastle promotion

Millwall Play offs - interesting afterwards!

Palarse 1-0 - great night

Liverpool FA Cup - Phil Neal's missed pen et al

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Newcastle hitched up there got a lift from a Sunderland fan who was right up for us beating them had a ruck under the Tyne Bridge ( outnumbered 20/1 so legged it ) brilliant game got train back ( remember geordies on station applauding our supporters) got pissed celebrating promotion on way home:

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
1) 1985 Grimsby 2 Brighton 4. 2-0 down with 20 minutes left...think Alan Biley got one back...then three goals in last five minutes...two from Connor...absolute mayhem...kept us in the promotion picture for the last home game...what a night...

2) 1979 Newcastle 1 Brighton 3...no comment required

3) 1983 Liverpool 1 Brighton 2

4) 1989 Sheffield U 5 Brighton 4...OK we lost but 3-0 down...4-3 up only to lose in the last minute...not the most favourite but one of the most memorable...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Rusco said:
The Plymouth win when we got promoted was pretty special. Probably because we weren't expected to go up that day, but 5 results went our way and the travelling support went mad at the final whistle

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

My favourite as well. After all the suffering in the bottom division the emotion and relief at putting all that behind us was very special.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cjd said:
Newcastle United to win promotion to the old First Division for the first time ever. Wonderful, wonderful day.

it was that and what a welcome home at Brighton station and the walk home to portslade.
they were great days.:bowdown: :albion:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
3-0 at Selhurst in 1981 was pretty good. Four games to go, the 'team of the 80's' was already down, and we were favourites to go down with them, John Gregory scored twice and (I think) Gordon Smith a third, we won our remaining three games to stay up, with a victory against LEEDS on the final day of the season required to secure our survival.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
3-0 at Selhurst in 1981 was pretty good. Four games to go, the 'team of the 80's' was already down, and we were favourites to go down with them, John Gregory scored twice and (I think) Gordon Smith a third, we won our remaining three games to stay up, with a victory against LEEDS on the final day of the season required to secure our survival.

yep ..Gordon Smith....18/04/1981....18792 fans compared with the 27367 who saw us beat Palace 3-2 in the home game that season 27/12/80 ...two from Robinson and one from O'sullivan

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Palace Oct 2005.

The Sheff Utd game was good but Mayo got an own goal so we didn't have the euphoria until the very last minute.
Swindon felt good but we knew there was still the home leg to come and we only had a one goal lead.
The 2-1 over Reading when Kitson scored gave me false hopes of staying up.

I have to give an honorary mention for Wrexham 04 when most of their fans walked across the pitch to applaud us for joining in their demonstration. The fancy dress by some of Nsc's finest was a great laugh that day too. :lolol: :lolol:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
El Presidente said:
was at that game ; i think it was perry digweeds debut and it was on motd that night. i will always remember our lads rocking a bus with scum fans in it outside norwood junction station. great memories!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
gollum said:
1) 1985 Grimsby 2 Brighton 4. 2-0 down with 20 minutes left...think Alan Biley got one back...then three goals in last five minutes...two from Connor...absolute mayhem...kept us in the promotion picture for the last home game...what a night...

2) 1979 Newcastle 1 Brighton 3...no comment required

3) 1983 Liverpool 1 Brighton 2

4) 1989 Sheffield U 5 Brighton 4...OK we lost but 3-0 down...4-3 up only to lose in the last minute...not the most favourite but one of the most memorable...
was at the grimsby game and at 2-0 nil down was sitting on the terrace thinking about the long drive home (it was a evening match) biley came on and turned it around and after the game had real troubles getting back to the car! if you know what i mean!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
1981 Palarse .....3-0.

Plain clothes coppers stopped us while we were in persuit of some scummers down the road.Where's a copper when you actually want one.:rolleyes:

Anyway, best away day though oct 18th 2005 comes close as we weren't expected to get a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here