Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Fave Ever AWAY Win ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I also give the 2-1 win at Sheffield Utd my vote. What a great day, and a great result

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Went to West Ham , Went to Palace , Went to Swindon in the play offs ... done loads

my most enjoyable away day that ended in a win was probably Bradford earlier this season , top day out made better by that Bowditch winner :clap2:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rusco said:
The Plymouth win when we got promoted was pretty special. Probably because we weren't expected to go up that day, but 5 results went our way and the travelling support went mad at the final whistle

That was a good 'un. Scored some good goals, totally outplayed Plymouth, went up, good night out in Bournemouth on the way home.

Beating the Palace 1-0 was pretty special.

Could probably think of a few more, but my best ever way experience has to be a draw.

1-1 at Hereford, 1997.

I'll take that day over any win, ever.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Been going to away games for 20 years now, and I can safely say that most of the candidates for this title come from the last 10 years. Millwall away in the play-offs was superb, amazing resilience in the face of an onslaught on and off the pitch. Can't count Hereford as it was a draw, so, while the win at West Ham was fantastic, 1-0 at Palace has to win it. Hadn't had a pint before the game, went straight from work, but still felt drunk at the end. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Plymouth away, when we went up

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Newcastle United to win promotion to the old First Division for the first time ever. Wonderful, wonderful day.

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
Millwall away in the JP this season was good...just because it happened all so quick! the 2-1 at reading were zamora and brooker done the quick freekick wasnt bad either...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Liverpool 1 Brighton 2, FA Cup Fifth Round 1983

Also

Sunderland 1 Brighton 2, last first division away match in 1980/1, when a win took us out of the bottom three.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
cjd said:
Newcastle United to win promotion to the old First Division for the first time ever. Wonderful, wonderful day.

That's the game I most would have liked to go to.

As it is, the win at Palace was a wonderful night, very unexpected but the performance was magnificent from the kick-off.

Plymouth to get out of Div Three was a very good day out.

There was a League Cup game at Wycombe over a decade ago when we won 3-1, played superbly, and I met a couple of people who have been good mates for a long time now. Junior McDougald, what a player...

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
3-2 Wolves away 1990/91

We had someone sent off (Codner?) but Barham cracked the winner in off the post at our end in the late stages. May well have been eed:yawn: up at the time too:love:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
The win at Palace has to be my favourite, followed by the 2-1 win at Reading and when we beat Peterbrough 1-0 and Zamora came back from injury and scored.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhafc99 said:

1-1 at Hereford, 1997.

I'll take that day over any win, ever.

Agreed. Bearing in mind the circumstances of the game, that result was like a win.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Agreed. Bearing in mind the circumstances of the game, that result was like a win.

Leicester away in the League Cup in 94 was great.

Munday's 35 yard screamer, Nogan's sublime finish and Case being sent off for being deaf. Happy Days!

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Soul Finger said:
Leicester away in the League Cup in 94 was great.

Munday's 35 yard screamer, Nogan's sublime finish and Case being sent off for being deaf. Happy Days!

f*** me that was a WICKERD day out! I was level with Munday when he let fly...

Dont forget Leicester were a Premier League side then as well. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
mendoza10 said:
Bloody hell it was nearly 7 years ago :eek: :eek:

but this is it.......
Take a Bow Mr B Zamora :bowdown:

Chester 1 - 7 Brighton

we hadnt won for about 10 games, and this came out of NOWHERE!

:clap: :clap:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
We've beaten bigger sides away than Palace over recent years but that was the one that definately gave me a lump in my throat, closely followed by Millwall the first game after Mcghee left, not just because of the result but the support was the best I'd ever been involved with.

"You're not scary anymore", "There's pink shirts there...", "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here