Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Following some very positive discussions with the club about our supporters' bar (there will be an announcement from the club soon) and the subject of beer at Falmer in general, we thought it a good idea to do a bit of market research, and since NSC is about the most representative - or least unrepresentative - place we've got for this I am going to attempt to post a poll here: hope it works! All beer tastes will be catered for: this is an attempt to get at least some kind of an idea of the relative demand for each, and the people responsible will read with interest, so it'd be good if it could be a sticky for a while....

So, on and after the glorious day when we finally get what we've been campaigning for all these years, what is your drink of choice at Falmer? Real ale, lager, cider, or some of each?

A strong lager, 2 x weak lagers, strong local real ale, 2 x weak local real ales (Hophead & Harveys Best), strong and weak cider should do. Oh and Guinness.

*Edit. I didn't read the question, the above is my selection for the bar! I would drink a weak real ale!

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any decent real ale please.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Real ale if I'm not driving, coke I suspect if I am boo hoo. I think there should be a variety, perhaps a decent lager in addition to the usual fizz, Staropramen perhaps. Maybe Harveys as the permanent real ale, with a changing guest, could showcase small Sussex breweries.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Harveys please. Not that Horsham pisswater that's springing up everywhere and Hophead is just so sickly. Dark Star Best isn't bad though.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
As far as the real ale is concerned, Sussex brewed is what I have been pushing for, I presume we all agree about that (even those who don't drink it!) The brewer will have their own national brand to push, I am certain of that, and discussions will need to be had.
But it's a great start that the club has committed to selling real ale on all the concourses as well as in the supporters' bar. We'll be the first to do that, I think. And of course it will be done simply on the basis of supply and demand, which means that if we ale drinkers want lots of the stuff on offer, we will have to DRINK lots of it! Now that's a nice little challenge :)

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
A strong lager, 2 x weak lagers, strong local real ale, 2 x weak local real ales (Hophead & Harveys Best), strong and weak cider should do. Oh and Guinness.

Voted for lager (preferably not Stella please) but the above sounds ideal.
Maybe reduce the weak ales and lagers to one each, it'd be wierd without Guinness.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
As well as the usual largers would it be possible to have two real ale beers on tap and one guest ale from a brewery from the town of our opponent, perhaps their town/cities signature brew?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Mostly lager but will drink Cider as well if you have somthing nice on tap like Stowford press.

As for lager, if we could get something like Star that would be awesome, but if they really have to go for the well known brands then Becks Vier would be my personal choice.

I guess the bottom line is that it'll have to be financially viable and if that means we have no choice but fosters or carling then so be it, it'll still drink it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here