Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best holiday destination

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Stumpy Tim said:
Over-rated

bollocks booking tickets to go next summer (or rather their winter!!), about time I did something constructive with the ridiculous six weeks summer holiday.

moggy said:
yeah, dominican is good.

BUT

not as half as good as russia IMHO
Ah ... but where in Russia?

Try Omsk, via railway (not the Trans-Siberian tourist route, but the cheaper alternative route via Kazakhstan).

There's nothing for tourists to do when you get there. Just mingle with real Russians.

Which is what makes it a holiday in a million. Marvellous.

eastlondonseagull said:
Never been there, but always been tempted. Worth it Lord B?
A superb city. Compact, walkable and pretty much traffic free in the centre. World class renaissance architecture. Great art. Superb views. Saint Catherine of Siena's head on display in a glass case.

If you can go during the week of the Palio, you'll get the bonus of one of the liveliest cities in Europe - but a real problem finding a hotel unless you book well in advance. Best places to stay are the low cost hotels right in the city centre.

If you go in the football season, you can get to see a Serie A match in a city centre stadium that is remarkably like Withdean.

And Sienese women are the most beautiful in the world. Spend hours in the Piazza del Campo taking it all in.

A good centre to tour the surrounding smaller towns as well. Try to get to Pienza, Montepulciano and Montalcino (where I lived for 15 months, back in the seventies). Avoid San Gimignano, unless you enjoy being crushed by hordes of people tumbling off coaches.

And I suppose you could fit a day trip to Florence in as well - although, when I lived there, I picked up the Sienese attitude to that place... roughly equivalent to the average Albion fan's opinion of Croydon.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Watch out for hurricanes Kev :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lord Bracknell said:
A superb city. Compact, walkable and pretty much traffic free in the centre. World class renaissance architecture. Great art. Superb views. Saint Catherine of Siena's head on display in a glass case.

If you can go during the week of the Palio, you'll get the bonus of one of the liveliest cities in Europe - but a real problem finding a hotel unless you book well in advance. Best places to stay are the low cost hotels right in the city centre.

If you go in the football season, you can get to see a Serie A match in a city centre stadium that is remarkably like Withdean.

And Sienese women are the most beautiful in the world. Spend hours in the Piazza del Campo taking it all in.

A good centre to tour the surrounding smaller towns as well. Try to get to Pienza, Montepulciano and Montalcino (where I lived for 15 months, back in the seventies). Avoid San Gimignano, unless you enjoy being crushed by hordes of people tumbling off coaches.

And I suppose you could fit a day trip to Florence in as well - although, when I lived there, I picked up the Sienese attitude to that place... roughly equivalent to the average Albion fan's opinion of Croydon.

Where's me credit card?!! :lolol:

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Western Australia - most amazing place in the world - shits on the east coast (although sydney, whitsundays and fraser island are of course superb)

Fly into perth, Get a camper van, and drive south then north up to broome via exmouth, its sensatiooooooonal. TOTALLY empty beachs, the most incredible scenary, and very easy to go places where theres no f***** about for miles most of the time.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here