Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best holiday destination

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
afters said:
if memory serves me correctly even managed to watch england beat denmark 3-0 in the world cup 2002!
Exactly the same time as I was watching it in the Marina Bar in Tenerife with Kerry Mayo.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Summer ................ Caribbean

Winter..............Lapland

The Christmas 4 day trip to Lapland with the kids was one of the the most exhilerating holidays I've ever had.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Best that I've been to

Summer : The Algarve. Sun, Superbock & fantastic seafood
Winter : Tignes
Citybreak : Barcelona

On the Left Wing said:
You lived in Florence ???? You lucky sod!
No I didn't. I lived in Montalcino.

Montalcino was the last city in Tuscany to hold out against the jackbooted Florentines and their plans for world domination. It finally fell in 1559, after a four year seige during which it played host to the leaders of the Sienese Republic, who had lost Siena to the tyrannical Medici family and their army of mercenaries.

This period of history has never been forgotten, which is why it is the banner of the City of Montalcino that is carried at the front of the procession that precedes the Palio in Siena.

And it's why the Sienese and Montalcinesi don't much like Florence.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
finbar said:
Western Australia - most amazing place in the world - shits on the east coast (although sydney, whitsundays and fraser island are of course superb)

Fly into perth, Get a camper van, and drive south then north up to broome via exmouth, its sensatiooooooonal. TOTALLY empty beachs, the most incredible scenary, and very easy to go places where theres no f***** about for miles most of the time.

Makes me feel sick just thinking about it

I live in Perth and I did that last year. Travelled northwards up the West Coast. Very relaxing and a nice change from the busy life. For people who live in Europe, it must be a real shock to the system.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
pah!

Siena

Here, here. I can't believe all this attraction to Florence. I find it to be the most over-rated holiday destination on the planet!

Siena is what Florence should be!

Everest said:
My wife's cousin used to live there, but she's moved to Aitkenvale near Townsville. Even better, she's invited us over to stay. Any idea how far out you've got to travel to get in some decent diving in that area, Zeity?

I would guess from that point northwards towards Cairns. I've never done scuba diving, so I can't be certain

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Cappadocia in Turkey in April... later it's too hot. Truly one of the seven wonders of the world. Be prepared to walk and you will be rewarded by finding some of the most beautiful mosaics in caves which no one's visited for years. Awe-inspiring... if you're prepared to go and discover on your own.

or.....

Krakow at Xmas when it's snowing

or....

Reykjavik for a weekend... if you can afford it.. at the Hotel 101..... AMAZING!!!!!

Yoda

English & European
I’d recommend the Tuscan coast for the height of summer hardly a Brit in sight. For end of wintertime I’d like to put forward Cyprus, at least 20oC on the coast, then a quick drive up to Mount Olympus for a snowball fight. :lolol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
perth seagull said:
I live in Perth and I did that last year. Travelled northwards up the West Coast. Very relaxing and a nice change from the busy life. For people who live in Europe, it must be a real shock to the system.

On our trip we flew in to Perth. We stayed in a little hotel, with an Irish sounding name, at the foot of Kings? Park. We thought that it was a quiet city compared to English ones. Had a day trip to Wave Rock from Perth.

We moved on to the Red Area, Alice Springs, Ayres Rock, etc. before we flew to Melbourne and then on to Sydney. These were certainly busier than Perth. We finished off in Cairns and the Barrier Reef.

Would certainly recommend Australia to Brits. Well worth the long flight but it deserves more than your usual two week holiday.

Top of the pile for me is New Zealand. Different experience altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here