Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best holiday destination

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Stumpy Tim said:
South Island is nice, don't like the North Island. But then I've been there 15 times & it bores me

Stumpy. Don't be such a spoilsport. Put yourself in the place of a traveller visiting New Zealand for the first time. It's got everything they want to see, apart from deserts and who wants to see them.

So you've been there fifteen times. Good for you. Then you should be spouting the truth.

New Zealand is a great place to visit, but do go in our winter which is their summer. To get best value from the long flight, do go for at least four weeks, and even that isn't enough. Both islands have their attractions but, perhaps, the south island is more spectacular.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Kev the Ape said:
is that to me??
Nope, the other Kev. As in kevinsmith.

Bring on the Maldives. :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Thailand is my favorite place I've been so far.
Hopefully going to visit my brother in Africa early next year which would be cool.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Lets Gets in France at the mo, its simply the best downhill/freerode mountain biking Europe (or even the world ?) has to offer !!

:clap:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My home town of Sydney of course!!

Next time we go back we'll be heading up to Byron Bay...

As Finbar mentioned also Western Australian beaches are supposed to be fantastic - go for miles and hardly a soul to be seen...

Tasmania is beautiful if you like hiking etc...

Never been to New Zealand but the skiing is supposed to be excellent...

Basically my holidays at the moment have been anywhere where theres a fantastic race track!! Spa for one... :clap: :cool:

tedebear said:

Next time we go back we'll be heading up to Byron Bay...

You stole the words out of my mouth. Byron Bay is beautiful. One downer about the place now. They have gestapo like parking attendents roaming about the place, just waiting to pounce if you go thirty seconds over your time. last time I was there, there was panic because a rare and protected breed of snake was around the grass area behind the beach. A guy from the council showed up and promptly wacked it over the head with a shovel! Magnetic island in Northern Queensland is a favourite place of mine too. Apart from the Gold Coast which has been over developed, the rest of Queensland is a great place to visit.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Namibia and Vancouver Island

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Malaysia more specifically langkawi and kuala lumpur

and thailand more specifically phi phi islands.

the far east is my favourite place in the world. everyone is so friendly and there is so much history.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Italy is just beautiful in my opinion and is my country of choice.
Lake Garda, Tuscany, Sorento the amalfi coast etc etc need i say more.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Zeitgeist said:
Magnetic island in Northern Queensland is a favourite place of mine too.
My wife's cousin used to live there, but she's moved to Aitkenvale near Townsville. Even better, she's invited us over to stay. Any idea how far out you've got to travel to get in some decent diving in that area, Zeity?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
of the far away places i'd say zanzibar for beautiful empty beaches and great culture, laos for other-worldliness and thailand for beaches and beautiful islands.

nearer to home we loved moscow and budapest, morocco and senegal. can't beat france and italy for sophisticated seaside holidays..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Menorca is superb

Berwang in the Austrian Tyrol is really lovelly in the Winter

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lord Bracknell said:
A superb city. Compact, walkable and pretty much traffic free in the centre. World class renaissance architecture. Great art. Superb views. Saint Catherine of Siena's head on display in a glass case.

If you can go during the week of the Palio, you'll get the bonus of one of the liveliest cities in Europe - but a real problem finding a hotel unless you book well in advance. Best places to stay are the low cost hotels right in the city centre.

If you go in the football season, you can get to see a Serie A match in a city centre stadium that is remarkably like Withdean.

And Sienese women are the most beautiful in the world. Spend hours in the Piazza del Campo taking it all in.

A good centre to tour the surrounding smaller towns as well. Try to get to Pienza, Montepulciano and Montalcino (where I lived for 15 months, back in the seventies). Avoid San Gimignano, unless you enjoy being crushed by hordes of people tumbling off coaches.

And I suppose you could fit a day trip to Florence in as well - although, when I lived there, I picked up the Sienese attitude to that place... roughly equivalent to the average Albion fan's opinion of Croydon.

You lived in Florence ???? You lucky sod!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
afters said:
of the far away places i'd say zanzibar for beautiful empty beaches and great culture
Which part of Zanzibar did you go to Afters? We were on the SE of the island. Jozani forest was worth looking at with the monkeys there. Didn't like the food poisoning at the hotel though.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Everest said:
Which part of Zanzibar did you go to Afters? We were on the SE of the island. Jozani forest was worth looking at with the monkeys there. Didn't like the food poisoning at the hotel though.

we stayed at the emerson & green hotel in stonetown which was fantastic (suppopsedly one of the best in the worls) for a few days then in a resort up north the name of which escapes me.....it was next to a large native village and we were the only people in our complex. walked along the beach and if memory serves me correctly even managed to watch england beat denmark 3-0 in the world cup 2002!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Whistler
Bear Mountian
Mount Brighton

In fact any western US Ski Resort :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here