Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Grummitt
Stevens - Lawrenson - Foster - Williams
Ryan - Case - Horton - O'Sullivan
Ward - Zamora

8 of those are the same as mine.

Ward/Zamora will surely be in 99% of people's teams, as will Lawrenson and Foster for those old enough to remember the glory days.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Not as good as Ward but better than Zamora IMO.

Maybe he was but his impact for Brighton was not as profound as Bobby's

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's amazing that Michael Robinson never seems to get a look-in in threads such as these.

This is a very good point, Wardy is quite rightly a Brighton legend and will always get in 99% of these teams.But it could be argued that Robinson, Saunders and Zamora were(and in Bobbys case still is) better players than Ward. Purely based upon their performances at the highest level in this country. They are certainly the best four Albion strikers of the modern era, with the likes of Byrne, Connor, Nelson behind them,,,,,,and in a few months time I belive CMS will be right up there with these names as well.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
8 of those are the same as mine.

Ward/Zamora will surely be in 99% of people's teams, as will Lawrenson and Foster for those old enough to remember the glory days.

7 the same as my team, I put Gary Stevens in at centre back but arguably by putting him at full back and Foster at centre half then the team is stronger.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think several of our current squad have the potential to make it into an all time Albion XI but for now my choice is:

---------------Beeney-------------
Keown Lawrenson Foster Stevens
Horton Case O'Sullivan Penney
---------Ward Zamora------------

Subs: Corrigan, Nelson S., Napier K., Irvine, Saunders, Nelson G, Robinson M.

Manager: Gus Poyet

So many others to choose from eg Nogan, Bennett, Mellor, Byrne, Mortimer, Wilson D. I would have included Alex Dawson but today's refs would have a fit.

Peter O'Sullivan is a legend for me - we had some great midfielders over the years but he did the business in our most successful period so couldn't leave him out.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Thats a strong looking team. Is Keown good enough to get in??

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not sure a team of Peter Wards would keep too many clean sheets.

Grummitt
Stevens, Foster, Lawrenson, Gatting
Case, Horton, Wilson, O'Sullivan
Zamora, Ward

Subs (7, to make Gus happy): Beeney, Calderon, Ryan, Gregory, Robinson, Saunders, G Nelson.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
7 the same as my team, I put Gary Stevens in at centre back but arguably by putting him at full back and Foster at centre half then the team is stronger.

Stevens at full-back and Foster at centre-half. Hmmm, maybe. The abiding memory is that it didn't really work out in the 1983 Cup Final Replay.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My bad. It was a Stevens-Foster centre-back partnership in the 1983 Cup Final replay, with Gatting as right-back.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Graham Moseley

John Gregory Steve Foster Mark Lawrenson Gary Stevens

Dean Saunders Nobby Horton Paul Clark Stevie Penney

Peter Ward Bobby Zamora

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Forgot to mention Bobby Smith - sadly I missed seeing him play by a couple of years but given he was a very recent England international and scoop signing from Spurs at that time he ought to be in the all time Albion squad at least? I guess he was a Michael Robinson sort of player ie a big, whole hearted goal scorer.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Having picked Sammy Nelson in my team above - I Wikied him to see what Brighton info the page had. I had forgotten how many time he played for Northern Ireland (51) who were good then including the 1982 World Cup Finals whilst a Brighton player. Also his daughter is married to Matt Prior according to the all seeing Wiki.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Moseley
Gregory Lawrenson Foster Williams
Case Horton Saunders Gotsmanov
Ward Worthington

Subs (7) Zamora, Robinson, Byrne, Stevens ,Gordon Smith, O'Sullivan, Corrigan

A lot of the current bunch might well be in there soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here