Your Affinities With Brighton the City

What Are Your Brighton Connections

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was born in Brighton General Hospital and in my time have lived in Birkenhead, Chester,Liverpool,France, Saudi Arabia, London, Worthing, Brighton (again), then Southend.

Brighton was, and ever will be my home town wherever I go. I will end my days there for sure.

Pretty similar.

Born in Shoreham, raised in Hove, then Dubai, then Hove, college in Liverpool, briefly back to Hove, now Hampshire.

Brighton and Hove will always be my home town too, and as BH says - will end up back there eventually.

Luckily, as my parents still live in Withdean, and have plenty of room, we still have a Brighton base. We stay overnight before or after every Albion game, and usually fit in a stroll through the lanes, or along the beach or something.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Born in Brighton General in 1956, brought up in Moulsecoomb. Lived in London for 22 years - but didn't mean to be away for so long. Finally moved back in 2004; live in Coldean now, love it and have no intention of leaving Brighton again.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Born in Berkshire, my parents took over East Brighton Golf Club in 1968 / 69, i was 13 / 14, lived in brighton for 10 years and wished i had stayed there, but good reasons took me away from Brighton.

I still visit there and love going back there, possibly will move back in some years to come, but at the moment work dictates my place of living.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Born in Buckingham Road maternity Hospital, lived in Mile Oak, Redvers Road, Patcham, Albion Hill, Saltdean & then moved up north with hubby's job. 20 years in the north was enough & in 2004 I moved to Bristol. Moved to Fareham in 2006 & can see us staying there unless we win the lottery! We'd love to move back to Brighton, it's home & it's where my Mum's ashes are scattered.

The other reason for moving back is that my other half wouldn't have to catch the train home after going to the match on his own; he can't cope with getting off at the right stop when he's on his own & ends up at the end of the line:drink:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Born in Brighton, lived in moulsecoomb until i was 21, (YES!! that moulsecoomb) moved to town centre, where i have been ever since, absulutely love it here, and would not want to live anywhere else.
OH! i lived in Paris for 3 months when i was 18. :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Moved to Brighton when I was 9... family lived there till I was 17 (altho I went to boarding school in Rye from 14)... my spiritual home and yes would love to come back.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh well if we are doing this (ticked the wrong option on the poll). Born in the Cambridge Military Hospital (Aldershot), lived in Farnham, then split between Farnham and Londonderry, so boarding school in Surrey. Then went to school in Lancing, then back to Farnham, then Southampton, then back to Farnham, whilst working in Fareham, then ended up down in Brighton.

Connection with the Albion and Sussex comes from my 3 years at Lancing.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Oh well if we are doing this (ticked the wrong option on the poll). Born in the Cambridge Military Hospital (Aldershot), lived in Farnham, then split between Farnham and Londonderry, so boarding school in Surrey. Then went to school in Lancing, then back to Farnham, then Southampton, then back to Farnham, whilst working in Fareham, then ended up down in Brighton.

Connection with the Albion and Sussex comes from my 3 years at Lancing.

Not a boundstone boy are you ???

Born near the station, Buckingham Road, lived near the station Buck Place (can't get more central than that) until I was 19, went to Trent Poly, managed to return to Brighton for a year or so , whilst working for East Sussex Council.

Then the need to work took me away, now based in London with a young family,

Brighton is still my spirtual home, whilst Hackney also has that unique special feel about it.

Last edited:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Moved to Brighton when I was five and went to school (Balfour and Varndean, hoorah!) and then after university, but moved away in my 20s. Not sure about the place any more. It seems a bit characterless, but probably no more so than any other towns. Can't say that I have a huge desire to move back at any time.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I chose the top one...Born in Brighton, and have lived in the same house for 20 years! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here