Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Affinities With Brighton the City

What Are Your Brighton Connections

• Total voters

I've gone for the top one although I haven't technically lived in Brighton since I was 11. Born in RSCH, lived in Brighton until 11 and since then Newhaven, Telscombe, Saltdean, brief spells in Luton and Hatfield and now Worthing. Wouldn't want to live in the centre of Brighton, but would be happy in Hove. I do love the place though. It's HOME.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Born in Seaford, then moved to Dover for a couple of years (Dad posted to the Port as worked in the immigration service) moved to Creepy Crawley (when it was nice back in 1975 and started watching the Albion) as My Dad posted to Gatwick, moved away to the Midlands in 1979 (Dad now went to Birmingham Airport) then back down in 1983 to Hove (Dad last move was to Croydon as UKs Chief Immigration officer!). Since then I worked in Newbury (rented rather then buying as hated the place) for 2 years but did every Albion game and have now returned to Sussex first back to Hove, then Durrington and for the last 2 1/2 years in West Hoathly!

I will always want to stay in Sussex as I feel thats my home. Prefer the country living to living in the city but thats because I am getting old!!!!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Born in Haywards Heath with spells in Peacehaven and Saltdean before moving to Brighton in 1986 where I have been ever since with the exception of a 4 year spell in Manchester. Like Mr Blobby I'm getting older and I'm starting to look outside the city for somewhere to live.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Number 4. Born in the old Maternity Hospital in Brighton, but never want to live in Brighton.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Born in Buckinghamshire, moved to Sussex at the age of 5, grew up about 20 miles north west of Brighton, consider myself privelaged to have grown up in such a stunning place at the foot of the South Downs. Left home a few months before turning 20 and have spent most of my adult life many miles from Sussex, much of it overseas. I did want to move back until maybe 10 years ago but am really happy where I live now and can't see myself leaving here in a hurry, not a city boy at heart so living in Brighton would never be an option.

Wouldn't want to live in the centre of Brighton, but would be happy in Hove.
Having done both, I would RECOMMEND everyone to live - at least for a while - in central Brighton.

The best address I've ever had was 53 Old Steine (right next door to Marlborough House). Brilliant.

And I've spent time in North Road and Gloucester Road. Fantastic.

D

Deleted User X18H

Born HOVE ward (get it born) BuckinghamRoad Hospital, Buckingham Road, Brighton, bought up in Hangleton HOVE.

I am what so many of you want to be, a TRUE, REAL LIFE BRIGHTONIAN born in the town live in the town!!!

Oct 25, 2003
born at rsch, lived in coventry for a few years as a baby before moving back to west hove, then central hove, then westdene before going to uni.......only go back to brighton every few months at most

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I moved here 25 years ago and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the UK. Brighton's a bit special. I feel it's my proper home and I've got more friends here than I have anywhere else. Got married and divorced here and both me kids were born here. Can't see me ever moving out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Born & bred in Brighton. Royal Sussex County Hospital, Dorothy Stringer and Varndean VIth form and STILL live in Brighton after 35 years.

Grew up in Fiveways then Hollingbury and now live in the CENTRE. I have always had a BN1 postcode all my life. WICKERD

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Born Buckingham Road Maternity Hospital. Lived in Hove, half a mile from the Goldstone. Moved to Canterbury, then many years in Sarf London, not all that far from Selhurst.

Now living in rural Crete.

But would still consider a decent flat in Marine Gate. Offers?

Born in Hove, first years lived 200yards or so from the Goldstone.
Now living the other side of the Downs.
Would not be able to stand living in Brighton, but like living outside and popping in whenever I want to.
Weekends in the summer will be shitty in the city, but weekdays should be fine and dandy.
Great place, if you can 'temper' your involvements with it, by graduating how much time you spend in it.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Born in Brighton General Hospital lived in Russell Sq , May Rd , Twineham Rd , Princes Cres , Surrenden Rd , Queens Rd , Eaton Pl , Chatham Pl , moved out of the area to Bush Farm Dr (Downs Park) and then over to Tollgate (Peacehaven) due to job relocation moved to Crap Town (Grotty Grimsby) where we have moved 3 times locally over the last 15 years. Want to move back but probably can only afford a flat instead of our present 4 bed detached. Both sons born in the RSCH and wife was born in Shoreham and lived in Gleton Av, Hangleton.
Brighton is what I call home , still homesick after 15 years.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I was born in the RSCH but I've lived in Hove all my life, never in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here