Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Affinities With Brighton the City

What Are Your Brighton Connections

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Born in Cuckfield hosptial, raised in Haywards Heath (hated it), posted to Lincolnshire when I was 17 in the RAF (liked it), then moved to Brighton when I left in 1986 and have absolutely zero plans to leave (love it).

I hope Mrs P doesn't read that last bit as she wants to retire to the South of France - oh, and she is Brighton born and bred.

Never lived in Brighton and have no desire to.

My connection is family - my stepdad (from Sussex) introduced me to football when I was a toddler, and he kept taking me back there (and by the time I was about 7, his mother was living in Brighton, so that's where we stayed).

I have no desire to live anywhere south of Lancaster - indeed, I can't really think of any reason to move south of the border. But at least the area north of Lancaster doesn't suffer from the things I hate most about the south of England (too many cars and too many people).

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
lived and was born in Horsham for 25 years. moved to Brighton, Marine Parade and loved it. Now been in Hove over 10 years

Dandyman

In London village.
Born in London. Lived in London, Manchester,Brighton ((1966), Lewes (1966-) and London (1982-).

Like most Londoners I OWN Brighton.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Born in Hastings, lived here all my life, rest of family originally from South London.

Love Hastings and no desire to move. Yes, parts of it are a shit hole, but I like that - the well to do ain't moved us out just yet ;)

Love Brighton. Had a spell where I really wanted to live there, but grew out of it ( couldn't afford it anyway ). Regular days & nights out there since i was a nipper & especially fond memories of reggae nights at the top rank suite.

Love good old sussex by the sea, but most of all Hastings and Brighton. Have kids and determined not to allow them to grow up as strictly armchair prem 'fans'.........so it's the ALBION way for them :ascarf::albion2::ascarf:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Born Hastings, went to Brighton Poly 79/80 (lived just off Elm Grove), Goldstone from 1973..now live St leonards..love Sussex..and the sea

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Born Brighton General 33 years ago and lived in Coombe Rd area and now Woodingdean.

Love Brighton but am starting to get properly irritated with Brighton & Hove Council. Not sure though if I'd ever move that far? More likely to move abroad than anywhere else in the UK

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Born in RSCH, lived in Patcham until I was 28 then moved to a flat in Ditchling Road. Got married and moved to Hailsham due to work committments, then moved to Eastbourne a couple of years later.

Now been in Eastbourne over 10 years and its near/far enough from Brighton for my liking. I don't like the bustle of the city centre so much these days.

Having said all that, Brighton is and always will be my home and my team! :albion2:

D

Deleted User X18H

Born in Buckingham Road hospital, and far more Central Brighton-esque than that shameful lump of porridge, HB&B...
your completely obsessed with me man.............good gawd just treat me like a normal person, if you want I can send you a photo!!!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
league640.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Born in Shoreham, live in Worthing but always go to Brighton to buy my heroin.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Born in Highbury, moved to Brighton (opposite the Goldstone ground). Reason why I'm an Albion fan?- My Dad's a spurs fan.

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Lived in Lower Bevendean till 18, then out to Lewes based Pubs in Rodmell/Cooksbridge and The Newmarket.
Then another pub in Sarf'hampton, and back to Hangleton briefly before up to the smoke in N19, SW11, and finally in SE24.

Family still in Rottingdean, and still go down often BUT, it's just not the same - full begging pikey's, Londoner's being pushy, parking a load of toss.. I can get that all here thanks very much.
Mrs R wanted to move back (went to Brighton Uni) but back in 2001, the difference in price was maybe 1 bedroom extra..and at the time we both worked in London, so over £3k each for travel.
Now both have own business' based here, so not gonna happen - Vancouver maybe..

Brighton, it just ain't nice enough anymore.. :(

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
love it, brought up in Moulsecoombe in the 70's (things were very different then)

lived in Coombe Rd, Poets Corner, Worthing, Portslade, Hollingdean, Peacehaven

always worked in Brighton, very proud of Brighton and The Sussex Coast:cool:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brought up in Brighton, educated there and lived there until I was 27. Moved to Isfield, then Crowborough and finally Speldhurst. A diagonal line North East.

I love Brighton - I'm proud of it and may one day move back. But I'm happy where I am.

I'm an ADVOCATE I suppose.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Born at Brighton General, raised and lived there for over forty years, always been a Seagulls supporter since I can remember, living a good life here but Brighton will always be:wave: home

Born at shoreham hospital, and lived in same house in Worthing for all my lovely 16 and a halfish years of my life so far. Wouldnt dream of going anywhere else as love the place....though the exceptions would be the isle of man and oz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here