Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you can stick your season ticket....

blockhseagull said:
It is very interesting for people to bitch and moan, no matter what policy they had adopted there would have been people moaning.

Apart from the possible 100 who applications, got lost if you were in quick enough then you got tickets, simple as that.

I think in most cases the STH that are aware of the policy of postal applications because they go away regularly got their application in quickly and got tickets.

I do sympathise with those that miss out, but someone was always going to.

I agree with the idea of away loyality points for those that go away, but how could you record that as the games i have been away to this year i have paid on the gate.

Plus we are going to need these floating fans when we get Falmer as otherwise we will be f***ed

Totally agree. It seems to me that the STH who haven't got WHU tickets have taken too long to get their applications in. A word of advice to all STH, if you live in the Brighton and Hove are and we happen to beat West Ham and get drawn away to another Premiership club, take your applications down in person to the club shop. That way you may get a ticket nest time.
Whenever there has been a big away game, I have done this and have only missed out once in the last six years.

As I've said earlier, this won't diminish my love of the Albion, but I do think that the club could have found a way of accommodating all STH's and regular away fans that wanted to go.
[/B]

You have hit the point well there mate in a strange sort of way.
It is always going to be hard to please STH or regular away fans who aren't STH when a big game like West Ham comes up. Someone is always going to be pissed off in the end.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I haven't got a ticket, though I am a STH but didn't apply.
To be honest I dont really see the fascination with this game,a 3rd round tie against a side we last played in the league less than 2 years ago & its not completely out of the question that we could play them next season. FA cup away to a yo-yo club, it's not that glamourous is it?

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if you dont get one in the away end, apply for one in the home end, easy solution

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
the wanderbus said:
I haven't got a ticket, though I am a STH but didn't apply.
To be honest I dont really see the fascination with this game,a 3rd round tie against a side we last played in the league less than 2 years ago & its not completely out of the question that we could play them next season. FA cup away to a yo-yo club, it's not that glamourous is it?

For this game it wouldn't have been that difficult. Using back-of-a-fag-packet maths:

5000 seats for West Ham (roughly)
4500 STH's (roughly)
900 people who went to Millwall in the paint pot

Assuming half of the people who went to Millwall were STH's then the club could have given STH's and Millwall stub holders priority and everyone would have had a chance of a ticket. Any left over (and I'm sure all 4500 STH's wont go) would be balloted out to AMS members who didn't have a Millwall stub.

And to confirm my status on this debate, I am an STH of many years, they have taken my money for West Ham so I guess I have a ticket, I didn't get a Spurs ticket (and I bitched about it!!!) I don't get to many away games these days (because I coach with Albion in the Community on a Saturday morning).

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Hannibal smith said:
Well I've been to around 15 away games in the past 2 years and I've got stubs every time.

How else do I find out my seat number?

Oldham was all ticket (but sit where you like) as was Southend and Millwall (league)
I didnt make Carlisle or Scunthorpe but the rest have been pay on the gate as far as I can remember. Bournemouth coming up is pay on the gate.
The Championship games were all ticket but not in this league.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:
1. STH give the money when it is needed to keep the club going when there is very little other income.

And so their money is better than that given by everybody else throughout the year? It's good for the club to have the money up front before the season starts and yes, before the income starts coming in, but don't kid yourself that this makes it any more important than any other income generated.

2. People who contibuted to Alive & Kcking did so because they wanted to not for any other reason and a lot of people were or are not in the position to also make donations having bought their tickets.

True. Shelling out for Alive & Kicking did not in any way get you priority for AWAY tickets. It's a bit like STs really. Nice to see that you're prepared to stick up for those that cannot afford something. Remember the average ticket cost for the WH game is about £16, roughly £9 cheaper than going to the Withdean. High demand is no surprise.

3. Do STH not spend money in the club shop in line with many Albion fans. I personally do not like to wear a football shirt so do not buy one but I buy other merchandise that I do wear or use. Or buy it for my family.

Yes STHs do spend money in the club shop. But if you are saying that STHs should get priority because they pump money into the club, then I'm saying that I spend more than some STHs on tickets and in the club shop and therefore am more worthy than they are of a ticket. Not necessarily something I agree with, but it exposes your argument for what it is.

4. At the moment, as with any business, it most important to hang on to the customers that you have first and foremost and ensure that they are satisfied. Expanding or encouraging new customers comes after you have stabilised yourselves i.e after we have overcome the traumas and survived the financial expense of Withdean.

Well it wouldn't be my plan. STH have been steady at about 3-4000 at Withdean, haven't they? Withdean takes about 8,000 now. Falmer could take 20,000+. STHs are vital to the club, but the success of the club probably rests with those that have no intention of getting a season ticket, but would come to matches at Falmer.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
When only 4400 turned up for the Northwich match and the club asked fans to keep their stubs I made a USpielberg-type prediction.
"At least if we get a big club in Round3, there won't be the arguments and the queue jumping that occurred at the Spurs match."
mmmmm I fully expect there to be trouble in the away end at Vale Park tomorrow between the STH and AMS firms.

:jester:
Merry Christmas.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
jakes right boot said:
Oldham was all ticket (but sit where you like) as was Southend and Millwall (league)
I didnt make Carlisle or Scunthorpe but the rest have been pay on the gate as far as I can remember. Bournemouth coming up is pay on the gate.
The Championship games were all ticket but not in this league.

Read my original post. You have missed the point. You still get A Ticket. You still have the option of buying in advance. Both methods could be used to show that you are a regular away traveller when demand exceeds supply.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Hannibal smith said:
Read my original post. You have missed the point. You still get A Ticket. You still have the option of buying in advance. Both methods could be used to show that you are a regular away traveller when demand exceeds supply.

You don't. I haven't got a ticket from Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bradford or Doncaster.
Port Vale is pay on the gate. You don't get a ticket.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There's nothing like a big match to re-ignite the who's the better/most loyal fans, I've got sympathy for lots of fans who hav'nt got tickets for West Ham but if your looking for good loyal fans who regularly get shafted then look no further than the disabled fans. They get shoved in a corner of the ground and forgotten about and they've been given a whole 10 tickets for West Ham ( Which is an improvement on the Spurs game when i'm led to believe the allocation was 5 ) and a lot of them are season ticket holders and also AMS members.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
And so their money is better than that given by everybody else throughout the year? It's good for the club to have the money up front before the season starts and yes, before the income starts coming in, but don't kid yourself that this makes it any more important than any other income generated.

Sorry mate, but you are wide of the mark. I have it on very good authority that the club rely 100% on S T money coming in!

If that took a dip, there would not be a club!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I will be out of the country but I think it is DISGUSTING AND DISGRACEFUL that some season tcket holders will miss out on the West Ham tickets especially when the letter will drop through the door in March begging for about £450 (approx)

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I wasn't too bothered about this earlier but as the day has gone on the more annoyed I have become.

This is not about being a better fan, it's not about season ticket holders or away members what is annoying is that someone who has paid to be a member of the AMS has as much chance of getting a ticket as a season ticket holder or someone who travels to every away game and that is not acceptable.

There are arguements on both side ie STH = money in March and regular away fans give great support. What I find wrong is that this season at home I have been to Boston twice (one of which was the smallest crowd ever at Withdean), MK Dons, Northwich and Stafford and the club have benefited from my cash. The FA cup run gives us a Premiership away tie and none of that support is considered worthy of recognising.

Equally so fans who have gone to every away game are on equal footing with some body who has paid to be an AMS member.

This system is an improvement on the total free for all of Tottenham but is flawed and must be changed.

I've read all of the where does it say season ticket holders get away preference but this is not the issue.

There is clearly very little incentive to go to these smaller ties as the club will dismiss this when it come to a bigger tie. Yet spmeone who fancies the big day out can walk in in front of me.

I don't normally do it but am very tempted to write to Dick Knight and Martin Perry on this as I feel let down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DJ Leon said:

True. Shelling out for Alive & Kicking did not in any way get you priority for AWAY tickets. It's a bit like STs really. Nice to see that you're prepared to stick up for those that cannot afford something. Remember the average ticket cost for the WH game is about £16, roughly £9 cheaper than going to the Withdean. High demand is no surprise.

Yes STHs do spend money in the club shop. But if you are saying that STHs should get priority because they pump money into the club, then I'm saying that I spend more than some STHs on tickets and in the club shop and therefore am more worthy than they are of a ticket. Not necessarily something I agree with, but it exposes your argument for what it is.

Well it wouldn't be my plan. STH have been steady at about 3-4000 at Withdean, haven't they? Withdean takes about 8,000 now. Falmer could take 20,000+. STHs are vital to the club, but the success of the club probably rests with those that have no intention of getting a season ticket, but would come to matches at Falmer.

1. Dave the gaffer has answwered that fact.
2. Nobody other than you is saying that people who subscribed to Alive & Kicking should receive priority.
3. The same as above STH s spend money in the shop also and there can be no way that a ticklet can be allocated based on purchases in the shop.
4. We haven't got Falmer yet and must survive until we do have it.

In summary you havent as yet given me one valid solid reason why a STH should not get priority on the purchase of tickets such as these.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
maidstoneseagull said:
I wasn't too bothered about this earlier but as the day has gone on the more annoyed I have become.

This is not about being a better fan, it's not about season ticket holders or away members what is annoying is that someone who has paid to be a member of the AMS has as much chance of getting a ticket as a season ticket holder or someone who travels to every away game and that is not acceptable.

There are arguements on both side ie STH = money in March and regular away fans give great support. What I find wrong is that this season at home I have been to Boston twice (one of which was the smallest crowd ever at Withdean), MK Dons, Northwich and Stafford and the club have benefited from my cash. The FA cup run gives us a Premiership away tie and none of that support is considered worthy of recognising.

Equally so fans who have gone to every away game are on equal footing with some body who has paid to be an AMS member.

This system is an improvement on the total free for all of Tottenham but is flawed and must be changed.

I've read all of the where does it say season ticket holders get away preference but this is not the issue.

There is clearly very little incentive to go to these smaller ties as the club will dismiss this when it come to a bigger tie. Yet spmeone who fancies the big day out can walk in in front of me.

I don't normally do it but am very tempted to write to Dick Knight and Martin Perry on this as I feel let down.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter and I'm going to West Ham.

I wrote the letter weeks ago.

With less season ticket holders this season, I feel the ticket policy should have probably changed to thank them if you like.

As for insider saying that complaints should have made at the time the system was introduced well that doesn't account for the fact that the system was changed again this year when attendance of a game in another competition was thrown in retrospectively.

Should have been announced PRIOR to the game, if at all.

I never really agreed with the new system. These arguments were thrashed out at length at a Seagulls Over London meeting.

We had a few members at that meeting who were unsuccesful STH holders for the Spurs game.

( the place was standing room only that day because we were expecting Mark Mcghee to turn up and he couldn't come )

At the time I was arguing for the non STHregular away and home supporters whose support wasn't measured by the club. With the Season Ticket Holders, they are up against people who in theory could have been to only a couple of games.

The current system never solved that problem.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here