Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you can stick your season ticket....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
maidstoneseagull said:
I don't normally do it but am very tempted to write to Dick Knight and Martin Perry on this as I feel let down.

I have as I am very annoyed with this.

I suspect it will be ignored as I am only a season ticket holder

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raphael Meade said:
wasn't that a bit silly considering the obvious over subscription that was going to occur? :)

Not really as I do not think I should leave a 14 and 9 year old apart

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Season Ticket holder should get priority, there is no other way. Mr Knight you have a lot of questions to answer, I feel very sorry for the ones that missed out. That is not justice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit late now, the Hut household is gutted tonight - especially Mini and Junior who are very upset :(

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:
1. Dave the gaffer has answwered that fact.
2. Nobody other than you is saying that people who subscribed to Alive & Kicking should receive priority.
3. The same as above STH s spend money in the shop also and there can be no way that a ticklet can be allocated based on purchases in the shop.
4. We haven't got Falmer yet and must survive until we do have it.

In summary you havent as yet given me one valid solid reason why a STH should not get priority on the purchase of tickets such as these.

1. No he hasn't. DTG said the club relies on the ST money. I don't deny this, in fact I agree with it, what I've said is that the 'I alone finance the club' attitude of some STHs is wrong. A ST gets you a guaranteed ticket for home games only.

2. I'm not saying that A&K contributors SHOULD get priority. I would have thought was obvious from what I've written. What I have done is challenge the idea that those who contribute most to the club should get priority. Sorry, I'm not being facetious but have you read what I wrote?

3. Ditto. I was challenging the idea that this is all about how much you contribute to the club. The 'I brought a £500 ST and should therefore have priority to away tickets even though have explicitly not said this' is, of course, nonsense.

4. Of course, but if you think it's only about STHs you're wrong. Just as I would be wrong if I said it was only about general ticket sales.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Dave the Gaffer said:
DJ Leon said:
And so their money is better than that given by everybody else throughout the year? It's good for the club to have the money up front before the season starts and yes, before the income starts coming in, but don't kid yourself that this makes it any more important than any other income generated.

Sorry mate, but you are wide of the mark. I have it on very good authority that the club rely 100% on S T money coming in!

If that took a dip, there would not be a club!!!

Eh? I never doubted we relied on it. To do so would be preposterous! I did explicitly say this.

From what people are saying on here about renewals and considering that attendences are dipping anyway, season ticket renewals ARE going to fall away. So let's see whether the club disappears as you predict.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd just like to say, as a STH, I don't believe I should get priority for top games. It's not part of the remit or conditions when I bought the ticket, so I am not going to try and claim it when the situation arises.

Should the club ever make it a perk or a bonus, and I didn't get a ticket, THEN I would feel I have a case.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
I'd just like to say, as a STH, I don't believe I should get priority for top games. It's not part of the remit or conditions when I bought the ticket, so I am not going to try and claim it when the situation arises.

Should the club ever make it a perk or a bonus, and I didn't get a ticket, THEN I would feel I have a case.

Well we beg to differ but Sporting Colours is cool none the less :)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Surely the club could do an away ST, which would give priority over everyone to regular away fans, I realise that there will be people who cant afford to lump out for one, especially if they have home ones to pay for anyway.( Maybe you could apply for away tickets at the start of the season & pay a month before each away game comes up) Not an idael solution I know but possibly a step in the right direction.

By the way I agree with whoever said being a STH should have no bearing on the allocation of away tickets although they should have a chance to buy before they go on general sale, The ams is a shit idea you could in theory only watch the Albion in " glamour" games once every 2 - 3 years yet still get priority on the next big one.

1066gull

bhafc4eva said:
I will be at Port vale but cant believe the Albion's ticketing policy, it f***ing stinks. The sooner Knight and his Lapdog are out the better. This isnt a wind-up but the people at West Ham dont deserve to be there.
Quite right I agree with you.

I am not blaming the people who have been working hard in the ticket office, I respect their hard work but one thing I am angry about are the people who never go to games get ahead of the people who do.

If you are someone who has not been to a game this season, please tell us why you deserve to be ahead of someone who has been to games this season?

Last edited:

If the club did an away ST or away priority on games attended, then i'm sure people (some being home STH) would moan that they didn't get a ticket for big games, due to the fact they couldn't get to enough away games.

It is a simple fact you can't please everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here