Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you can stick your season ticket....

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
cjd said:
Think you possibly need to re-read what I said....."REGULARLY go to watch the Albion at home and/OR away" in my opinion are supporters. Didn,t say anything about attending all 46 games plus cup games...still , hey-ho, thankyou for your offensive remarks.

Someone who likes the Albion, but for one reason or another (work commitments, expense, etc etc.) doesn,t watch them on a regular basis , is an "admirer".

You called me an admirer of the Albion and I repeat You are talking out of your Arse.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Those STHs that are threatening or do not renew, frankly are quite pathetic. Or have I missed the small print that stipulates you are entitled to priority for away matches.

What's done is done. What will staying away achieve? We may have to sell even more players on top of those that we will eventually sell anyway. :clap: Brilliant.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Brovian said:
I think this IS a wind-up, This is the same poster who said he'd rung the ticket office and the Tranmere game was sold out.

Anyway, in case it ISN'T a wind up. ...

Well f*** off then bhafc4eva. We don't want your sort as season ticket holders, I'd rather there were empty seats at Withdean instead of moaning wankers like you. I bet you boo players like Gatting because he isn't Wayne Rooney. We'll be better of without you so f*** off and support Chelsea as can all STHs who moan about ticket allocation.

(Actually bhafc4eva even if it IS a wind-up you are still a wanker ...)

'tis the season to be merry then and wish good will to all men?!!
Trouble with people like you Brovian is you're also quick to boast about our larger than usual following; which wouldn't be quite as big as so many continuely brag about if the lack of respect you and others show to so many STH's actually did mean they f***** off (as per your advice).

So stick that up your arse instead and as it's Xmas, put a bit of holly up there whilst you're at it!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
portlock seagull said:
'tis the season to be merry then and wish good will to all men?!!
Trouble with people like you Brovian is you're also quick to boast about our larger than usual following; which wouldn't be quite as big as so many continuely brag about if the lack of respect you and others show to so many STH's actually did mean they f***** off (as per your advice).

So stick that up your arse instead and as it's Xmas, put a bit of holly up there whilst you're at it!

Afternoon mate. I agree that the STH's have been screwed over as this club would not exist if it was not for all us that buy home tickets before the previous season has even finished. I have not got a ticket but am I bitter about it? No I am not. I am gutted but hey ho if that is the way the club has decided to go then so be it. I won't stay away because I love the club no matter what they do that pisses me off. I think the club need to address this though as it is as mentioned already STH's that help keep the club afloat and not people who only go to away games. I also think if there are that many that have missed out then the club should apply for more tickets. If they already know how many missed out which they would then surely they can ask for that many more without the club losing out?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you can stick your season ticket....

Coach said:
No, I'm saying the box of applications from Tuesday night was put behind postal applications and people handing them in at the counter.

Well if you got your application in on Monday or tuesday you'd have had a better chance than having your application dated as wednesday.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
chez said:
I think that if you fork out £500 of your hard earned cash each year to help keep the club afloat when buying a ST then you're the ones that should get first dibs at big away game tickets.

Just my opinion mind.

i agree

as a non season ticket and non ams my personal opnion is that all season ticket holders should be dealt with first, they're the ones paying the most money into the club. Attending away games shouldnt give people an edge over STH's

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
maffew said:
as a non season ticket and non ams my personal opnion is that all season ticket holders should be dealt with first, they're the ones paying the most money into the club.

The reverse is true. STH pay up early, because they can. They get tickets cheaper that way than non-STH. It's not altruistic, it's self-serving. Everybody who ever bought a one-off ticket for a game at Withdean, or bought anything at all out of the club shop, is helping keep the club afloat. Time for STH to get down off their high horses.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Barrel of Fun said:
Those STHs that are threatening or do not renew, frankly are quite pathetic. Or have I missed the small print that stipulates you are entitled to priority for away matches.

Its simple business to look after your best/most profitable customers.

I've seen a lot of people on here quote that they only go to away games now because they are sick of Withdean experience. For some of those poeple to get tickets over people who pay £20+ 20 times per season (dont know how much as season ticket is) just aint right

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
jonny.rainbow said:
Someone who likes the Albion, but for one reason or another (work commitments, expense, etc etc.) doesn,t watch them on a regular basis , is an "admirer".

You called me an admirer of the Albion and I repeat You are talking out of your Arse.

Sorry if my terminology offended you,.....believe me, the people (who will stick up for the Albion instead of swearing allegiance to the Chelsea,s and Man Utd of this world) who can,t for many reasons support the Albion on a regular basis, figure very highly in my estimation. Nowhere near as much street cred in professing to admire the Albion ahead of the big clubs. I just think, (in only my opnion of course) that there is a small, but distinct difference between the two when coming to the distribution of limited numbers of tickets.Once again I thank you for your remarks. May I finally take this opportunity of wishing you a happy Xmas,and long may you continue to have allegiance to the Albion.....nothing wrong in having a difference of opinion.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Tom Hark said:
The reverse is true. STH pay up early, because they can. They get tickets cheaper that way than non-STH. It's not altruistic, it's self-serving. Everybody who ever bought a one-off ticket for a game at Withdean, or bought anything at all out of the club shop, is helping keep the club afloat. Time for STH to get down off their high horses.

Genuine question, how much is a season ticket? I guess you still must pay £22 pound per game. I would think that people who can afford to pay it in 1-3 installments generally dont get a season ticket to save a couple of quid per game, more to pump some funds into the club

could be wrong though

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
maffew said:
Genuine question, how much is a season ticket? I guess you still must pay £22 pound per game. I am thinking that people who can afford to pay it in 1-3 installments generally arent mostly doing so to save them self 10%

I genuinely don't remember. I think it saves about a hundred quid or something. Personally I renew at the last moment cos a) it gives the club the most revenue and b) I get to sit in me usual seat in H BlockRow F surrounded by kindred spirits and have a good laugh. If I had to spend a whole season sat next to some of the whingeing gits on this thread I'd make it a point never to renew again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BOF

I know exactly what you are getting at, but I really must protest at your tone.

It is not pathetic to expect a company to reward its loyal customers in some way, or pathetic to expect this by its loyal customers.

Yes you are 100% right. If you buy a season ticket that doesnt give you the right to an away ticket to any game. however, when you as a company contact those self same members , requesting they renew a season ticket in Feb/march, when a) the season may be 5 months away, b) there are plenty of seats available and c) you will not receive any priority asticket holder for any big or small game that may come along, you must not then be surprised if members tell you to jump in the lake.

Whatever you think of us season ticket holders, the fact of the precarious situation is such that if people do not renew in the numbers they have been, ie 5000 odd, then the club will fold, of that there is no doubt.

It is getting nigh on impossible to give tickets away at the moment, as a few of us who have had spare tickets have found out!

IMHO, and it is my opinion only, I would give STH's first dip at tickets, then once they have taken what they need ( 1 each only) then next dip to every one else, If a STH needs to sit with a non STH, then they go in with the rest!

Just my twopenny worth

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
just bite the bullet and buy tickets in the Dr Martins upper, high seat numbers 270-290, ( I wont say what rows), there are already 27 of us in this area as of this morning, get buying, only £20 from WHU.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
maffew said:
Genuine question, how much is a season ticket? I guess you still must pay £22 pound per game. I would think that people who can afford to pay it in 1-3 installments generally dont get a season ticket to save a couple of quid per game, more to pump some funds into the club

could be wrong though

Initially it was to guarantee getting a seat as Withdean was sold out every match, the saving was irrelevent really especially as I would put it on my credit card.

That scenario has now disappeared and the only benefit to some is a small saving and the same seat every game. If that's not important to you there doesn't appear to be any real benefit in paying £500 six months up front anymore as there seems to be at least 2500-3000 seats going each game.

The club needs this money over the summer months and that is what they are up against if people cannot see the benefit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here