Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet Another Ireland Meetup Thread

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So, the Leicester game on the 30th is being telivised - considering its not a Bank Holiday in Ireland, I presume turnout will be (even) lower than usual. However, it is at 12:30, so some people may be able to extend their lunch break to see it...

I'm free for it anyway, is anyone else? Theres no point organising a venue until we see who's available and what time windows they have.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm giving this a shameless bounce in the hope it'll be near the top when people check NSC in the mornings...

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Should be in work but will probably be able to get a half day. If we meet up at Tolka then it is only two minutes walk away from my office so very handy but will liaise with people on other possible venues.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Doubt Tolka will be open at that time of day, but there are other pubs in Drumcondra, and anywhere on that train line is very handy for me anyway.

I'll mail Liam and the ever elusive Joe, and PM James tonight.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
e-mailed Liam direct
e-mailed "Dublin Seagull" through the board
pm'ed James (irishseagull) through the board

rool

Jul 10, 2003
What? there are trains over here??? I still haven't got used to my donkey and cart :lolol:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Honest there are and whats more another rumour has it that we are getting Trams in Dublin. What next I ask you flying machines I suppose ??? ??? ??? ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Shegull said:
Honest there are and whats more another rumour has it that we are getting Trams in Dublin. What next I ask you flying machines I suppose ??? ??? ??? ???

NOW I know you've been on the poteen :smokin:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Just a thought guys but most pubs that are likely to be showing the match are going to be crowded given that it will be lunchtime. Think Quinns is quite popular at lunchtime. Have to think about location again I think. Is Tolka definately a no go. ??? ??? ???

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tolka is a nogo, closed

I've got to email the new guy directions to the pub, so we'd better choose a location (and make sure they'll show it)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Quinns is also a GAA bar. I think we wouldn't get past the door with Albion shirts on....

I presume its a sort-of concensus that its going to be in Drumcondra. However, beyond Quinns (which is a GAA bar) and the Cat and Cage (which is so old it probably doesn't understand the concept of a TV, let alone digital satelite); I don't know of any pubs in Drumcondra.

Shegull, you work there, you should know ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here