Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet Another Ireland Meetup Thread

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I work next door to the cat and cage pub. It has been sold now and I think renovations are the order of the day so it might even be closed at that stage. Let me make a few enquiries and see can I come up with anything.

Suggestions welcome from other people in the meantime though. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Been racking my brains for other pubs in the Drumcondra area but given that Croke Park is around here I think most of the pubs will be staunch GAA pubs. Anywhere in town? - but keeping in mind the lunchtime crowds.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
We also need a pub thats geographically close to everyone. I can get anywhere in the city easily enough, but anyone coming during their lunchbreak will need to not go far.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I am hoping to get a half day so rushing back to work will not be a problem for me. City centre would suit me fine - but that is just me being selfish - I know others might only be taking a lunch break - but we could have a good afternoon drinking if everyone was on a half day

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Passed by a pub in O'Connell Street up at Parnell Street end they have a board outside with a long list of matches being shown. Doesn't go up as far as the 30th yet but it could be worth thinking about. Its obviously big into sport. Will try and get the name and put in a call. Would that be central enough for everyone ?????

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Name of pub is frazers. They said they won't know until about a week before whether the match will shown or not. They do generally show most matches but it depends on what else is on on the day. Have to ring back next week.

Opinions on location please guys.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Just been talking to the lads in the Cat and Cage pub. They said they can show the match for us - just let them know.

Any preference to either venues guys so that I can make a couple of phone calls.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've no preference for either, but I think the Cat and Cage is closer to Drumcondra train station than the one on Parnell is to Connolly?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Think it is much of a muchness distance wise between both railway stations and pubs. Cat and Cage would be up a large hill - and if I was really honest I personally would prefer the one in town as cat and cage is slap bang next door to my office and I would feel much more confortable in town. It might be easier for the new guy from Wexford as well.

Have you heard anything from them. Have p.m.'d them twice about locations but heard nothing back.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
heh, if the pub-proximity-to-work is an issue, the one in town is fine then.

No, I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm going to mail the Seagulls list now, to see can we get any tourists this time - considering there were more of them at the playoff matchs than there were Irish fans.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Not a lot more that we can do on this until next Monday. I will phone the pub on Mondy morning and then we can make arrangements for time of meeting up etc. It seems to suit everybody so far which is good. Have you heard from any of the others Cian I haven't.

Off home now toodles ..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Argh, is it the Cat and Cage or Frazers?

Considering theres a non-Dub attending, I think Frazers is easier to find from Connolly or Bus Aras.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here