Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yes, its Sven again

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lampard was brilliant in Euro 2004 with key goals against Croatia and, more importantly, Portugal. Ask yourself - would he get into Real's team? Or Man Utd / Arsenal / Juve / AC Milan?

The answer is yes, in every case. If that isn't world class what is?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Terry does lack a yard of pace, his positional play has got better, but Postiga got the better of him at Euro 2004.

Lampard, hmmm, very good at the attacking midfielder role, but stuggled in the Champions League when he was asked to perform a slightly different role.

How long is that Postiga argument gonna run on for. I remember some Russian guy skinning Maldini at the World Cup in 1994 but no one disputed his world class status. Terry has been exceptional in the league and Champions league for the last 2-3 seasons while Lampard came second in European Player of the year last year and is widely regarded as one of the best players in Europe, if not the world, in his position. If that doesn't make them world class I don't know what does.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
How long is that Postiga argument gonna run on for. I remember some Russian guy skinning Maldini at the World Cup in 1994 but no one disputed his world class status. Terry has been exceptional in the league and Champions league for the last 2-3 seasons while Lampard came second in European Player of the year last year and is widely regarded as one of the best players in Europe, if not the world, in his position. If that doesn't make them world class I don't know what does.

The fact that Gerrard is a better player?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
The fact that Gerrard is a better player?

Gerrards form is better at the moment but he is not a better player. Also thats like saying Rooney isn't world class because Ronaldinho is better than him.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Gerrard is a better player, the fact is there is more to his game, hence for England he is asked to perform a different role to that which he does for Liverpool.

I disagree, Gerrard has more to his game but Lampard is by far the more intelligent player. Even if Gerrard is better that still doesn't stop Lampard being world class.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Les Biehn said:
Gerrards form is better at the moment but he is not a better player. Also thats like saying Rooney isn't world class because Ronaldinho is better than him.

I think Gerrard is our best player bar none. That doesn't make him a better goalscorer than Owen, a better 2nd striker than Rooney, a better crosser than Beckham or more skillful than Joe Cole but he ticks a lot more boxes than anyone else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I heard that Sven has asked Magoo for his velvet bag to help with his selections if Rooney isnt fit so it literally is anyones guess as to what the 1st 11 will be.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gerrard vs Lampard is like the argument about which is better - an apple or an orange?

They are different sorts of player. Given the Rooney injury there is no reason why they both can't play with Carrick behind them and Joe Cole / Beckham on the wings, with Owen up front.

Honestly, it has never been easier to pick the England team and tactics:

The brief should be for Lampard to get forward at every opportunity and for Gerrard to help out Carrick, break up play and make those late runs and long-range shots that he's ronowned for.

If that doesn't work take off the shittest midfielder and throw on Crouch. If that doesn't work take off the next shittest midfielder and put on Lennon. If extra time is looming take off Gary Neville and put on Walcott.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Pavilionaire said:
Gerrard vs Lampard is like the argument about which is better - an apple or an orange?

They are different sorts of player. Given the Rooney injury there is no reason why they both can't play with Carrick behind them and Joe Cole / Beckham on the wings, with Owen up front.

The brief should be for Lampard to get forward at every opportunity and for Gerrard to help out Carrick, break up play and make those late runs and long-range shots that he's ronowned for.

You gotta agree with that.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Pavilionaire said:

If that doesn't work take off the shittest midfielder and throw on Crouch. If that doesn't work take off the next shittest midfielder and put on Lennon. If extra time is looming take off Gary Neville and put on
Walcott.
[/QU

Pavilionaire for england..:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
Oranges, definately. Much more juicy, and superbly designed into ready-made bite-sized segments.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Oranges, definately. Much more juicy, and superbly designed into ready-made bite-sized segments.

No it's apples, a blank canvas for you to shape as you wish, and no pith....

Why are you always wrong ?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sid James said:
No it's apples, a blank canvas for you to shape as you wish, and no pith....

Why are you always wrong ?
Why does the wind blow ?
Why does the grass grow ?
Why doesn't Sven go ?

These are the great unfathomables of our time, and only in the Afterlife will we find the answers to all our unanswered questions. There, or Google.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Why does the wind blow ?
Why does the grass grow ?
Why doesn't Sven go ?

These are the great unfathomables of our time, and only in the Afterlife will we find the answers to all our unanswered questions. There, or Google.

I knew I was out of my league the moment I typed it but I just couldn't help myself, retreats quietly.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Love Monkey, Have Terry and Lampard done it at the highest level?

Both looked alright in the Champions league and for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here