Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What happened to buying these players a year earlier for £6m?
Other clubs also want to sign young players and we can't sign everyone. :shrug:
Barco is a good example of a cheap find, but sometimes you're a little late to the party and need to pay up more, like in this case.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
agree , there was a moment where Mitoma was first out and Adingra really stepped up. It looked like he was jut going to take over as the main man. Unfortunately this came with pressure and it didnt quite work like that. If it did then we would of had another superstar on our hands.

Adingra will work best when he isnt being relied upon so much. Hopefully the breathing space will give him time to become more consistent. On his day he is fantastic and has the potential to get 10 + goals a season
I also think he’s better on the left

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Han Solo: Since you know more about football than me, whats your take on ”our” Ayari, young player bought for a reasonable sum. Do you think he will be a hit or a miss? An AIK friend did rate him when he signed, but he looks a bit light weight or?

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Han Solo: Since you know more about football than me, whats your take on ”our” Ayari, young player bought for a reasonable sum. Do you think he will be a hit of a miss? An AIK friend did rate him when he signed, but he looks a bit light weight or?
Maybe not the best thread for it but then again there isn't one NSC thread remaining on topic...

I was surprised to see Ayari sign. I didn't see him as a massive talent in Allsvenskan. If we really wanted QUALITY, someone like Hugo Larsson would have been the right call.
I think he's too slow + indeed lightweight and don't see him establishing himself in the Premier League.

Imho it was a value signing. Somewhere between £3m-£4m for a player quite likely to develop into a nice £10m sale to Germany or something.
I don't think he'll play another PL game. Going on loan again and then maybe a sale or further loan. Casper Nilsson probably has a better chance tbh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What happened to buying these players a year earlier for £6m?
When you lose so many of your recruitment team to your rivals, it’s possible that they’ll get to the £6m future stars first. Did Ashworth orchestrate the purchase of Minteh I wonder?

Chelsea are seemingly filling their boots with young South American stars. Potentially all from our top secret database!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When you lose so many of your recruitment team to your rivals, it’s possible that they’ll get to the £6m future stars first. Did Ashworth orchestrate the purchase of Minteh I wonder?

He certainly celebrated the signing at the time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Other clubs can also sign young players?

Obviously, but paying 5 times the price a year later, when they're still not proven at a top level, doesn't seem like our modus op.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
He certainly celebrated the signing at the time

Screenshot_20240701-190345~2.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Obviously, but paying 5 times the price a year later, when they're still not proven at a top level, doesn't seem like our modus op.
If you trust the data you trust the data, we have no clue what is so special about TB’s data although there has to more to it than number of touches, dribbles etc as that’s all common knowledge.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Worth bearing in mind that Lyon offered £40m (he turned them down), and Newcastle wouldn’t have sold if they didn’t have the PSR pressure.

If it was the other way around, and we’d just sold a prospect that had had the season he had for £30m to a Premier League rival, I’d be livid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Worth bearing in mind that Lyon offered £40m (he turned them down), and Newcastle wouldn’t have sold if they didn’t have the PSR pressure.

If it was the other way around, and we’d just sold a prospect that had had the season he had for £30m to a Premier League rival, I’d be livid.
Lots of posts on X from Geordies upset at the sale.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
My Geordie friend was pretty angry insinuating they’ll buy him back once they have their finances in order.
If we are even entertaining that idea you can guarantee Tony will be building in a massive profit for us and it's a sure fire way for Newcastle to ensure that even if they have their finances in order, they won't stay in order for long.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Jessie J - Price Tag (It's not about the Money)

Seems like he's an expensive price
Have they got their numbers right?
When the sale comes first and the truth comes second
Just stop for a minute and smile
Why is everybody so serious?
is Romano is a legit source?
He landed in Newcastle and immediately said "bye"

[Pre-Chorus]
I heard he can play on the left
I heard he can play on the right
Can you feel that? Yeah
We're paying with flair tonight

[Chrous}
It's not about the money, money, money
He's Yankuba Minteh Minteh Minteh
We just wanna watch his feet dance
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the, uh, cha-ching, cha-ching
Cos he plays on the (uh huh) the-wing the-wing
Wanna watch his feet dance
Forget about the price tag
He will be at Chelsea by the time I've learnt those words! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here