Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I will make sure I read every post thoroughly before replying in future.

That's insane if the 40m was sterling - even euros sounded like a huge fee for Lyon, wow. But it's very possible this is paper talk instigated by agents/NUFC to drive the price up before the 1st.
Well maybe just before contradicting a post 😜

I agree £40m sounds high but I don’t know much about him other than from a few articles and promos vids and haven’t followed this thread until yesterday - maybe he really is something?

(also agree agents tend to be very busy during transfer windows puffing up the value of their players)

Contract with the Agent according to Fabi Romano (who presumably saw Ornstein’s early tweet :lol:)

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
20240629_195304.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good business for Newcastle for a player who cost c£7m this time last year and only pulled on a Newcastle shirt for the signing photos.

All of which makes it a big help for their PSR-sanction-avoiding situation. If they've been trying to palm Anthony Gordon off, which has been reported, they're clearly in crisis mode currently.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Pleased with this if confirmed. Surely now our wide players and number ten position is sorted. Given we have at least three centre forwards any additional signings will hopefully be midfield and right back.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We already had the most players on the Golden boy shortlist, But with this guy and Osman we will have 6.

That's as many as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd combined.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unless I'm mistaken, recently we've been lacking a group of overseas fans who will get all angry on social media when the club rainbow laces day and the like, so it's good the Gambians are coming on board to remind us all of the backward ways that exist in other parts of the world...

"Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in the Gambia face significant challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Same-sex sexual activity is illegal for both men and women in the Gambia."​

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
The fee is big but his ceiling is crazy:

However, the story here is that Newcastle need to get money in ASAP to cover PSR issues, Minteh’s one of their best/only saleable assets, and they can probably get a 400-500% profit on their €8M fee. But to me, this is not the type of asset that you sell. This is one you develop as quickly as you can in the hopes he’s your Salah/Saka.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Makes sense for us to get this into the accounts this month too. We have a massive surplus this season and if we signed him in July then on our three year rolling cycle it could really hurt us in years to come. I suspect that was also why we wanted KDH done asap.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shame he’s not done anything other than in that noddy league

A risk , we must be convinced for that money !!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Makes sense for us to get this into the accounts this month too. We have a massive surplus this season and if we signed him in July then on our three year rolling cycle it could really hurt us in years to come. I suspect that was also why we wanted KDH done asap.
I don’t think it matters that much to be honest.

I guesstimated that we could spend around £275m - £300m prior to Sunday and still avoid PSR issues. That won’t have reduced by much come Monday because the £33m will be amortised over 5 years and the 21/22 surplus we recorded was not significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here