Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
£33m is a big risk, hope it pays off. I don’t particularly enjoy being the club to get the Saudi’s out of their financial predicament

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Genuine question. Are we far bigger payers than Lyon?
They had wage bill of 157m Euro in 22-23. Ours was £128m, so very similar. They did however make a huge loss (99m euro) so presumably might not be able to offer as much to new players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have we just singed a player? This thread is very confusing.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can you stay somewhere you've never been?
Weird comment and arguing semantics again.

His loan was over and he was still under contract to Newcastle - so yes, Newcastle is his registered Club and they are in the Premier League - nothing wrong with saying he wanted to stay with a Premier League Club either at St James or Everton rather than be sold to a European Club.

so it's good the Gambians are coming on board to remind us all of the backward ways that exist in other parts of the world...

Anyone that played for a football club named after one of the most important civil rights activists in African history in the struggle against Apartheid probably could give us a lesson or two in some of our backward ways too!

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They just made UEFA Conference 2024/25. Wonder if they’re now restricted by UEFA FFP laws?
I don’t know, but Textor has been funding about 150m worth of losses at Palace for the last 4 yeas on top of that. I don’t know if he’s a bottomless pit of cash like Boehly, but he’d need to be for that to be sustainable.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Anyone that played for a football club named after one of the most important civil rights activists in African history in the struggle against Apartheid probably could give us a lesson or two in some of our backward ways too.

I highly doubt you need be a scholar of Apartheid history in order to play for that club.

The kid wasn't even born when Nelson Mandela become president, FFS.

I'd wager the impact of that period of history doesn't even cause a ripple for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That’s not what I said but if you think black kids in Africa need to be scholars to appreciate the impact of apartheid in S. Africa, and to understand the historical importance of civil rights activists like Mandela and Steve Beko, then clearly you understand little of contemporary Black culture.

Members of my family were also born decades after Nelson Mandela and Steve Beko (in Ghana and the UK) , but I can assure you that the Black Civil Rights movement and Anti-Apartheid movement of the ‘60s and ‘70s is just as significant now to their understanding of their cultural identity and contemporary racism as it was then.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss politics. Not even sure how it even comes into a thread like this.

It's in this thread because you brought it into it, in fairness.

I'll agree with you to the extent of leaving it at that.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It's in this thread because you brought it into it, in fairness.

I'll agree with you to the extent of leaving it at that.
Read Bozza’s post - I was responding to that ffs.

*ignore* 👍

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Weird comment and arguing semantics again.

His loan was over and he was still under contract to Newcastle - so yes, Newcastle is his registered Club and they are in the Premier League - nothing wrong with saying he wanted to stay with a Premier League Club either at St James or Everton rather than be sold to a European Club.

You're getting very weird in your apparent need to argue every point very literally and seriously.

I was just having fun. And you weren't the target of that fun. But let's kick on...

He's not been in a single Premier League matchday squad let alone play a single minute of Premier League football. He can't stay in the Premier League because he's not been there yet.

Anyone that played for a football club named after one of the most important civil rights activists in African history in the struggle against Apartheid probably could give us a lesson or two in some of our backward ways too.
I wasn't talking about him though, was I? I was talking about Gambian football fans. Like the South Africans and Iranians before them, they will flock, lovingly, to the Albion's social media accounts until such time as they realise we are a bit more accepting than they are. Then they'll get all abusive.

Do you want me set a reminder for myself to highlight this to you when it inevitably happens?

This is surely very good news, it’s precisely the winger position where we need gamebreaking quality otherwise we just do our usual thing of shuttling the ball back and forward across the pitch to no great effect - we need a LOT of options here, great to have two new ones in and let’s keep our fingers crossed for Solly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here