Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Weird comment and arguing semantics again.

His loan was over and he was still under contract to Newcastle - so yes, Newcastle is his registered Club and they are in the Premier League - nothing wrong with saying he wanted to stay with a Premier League Club either at St James or Everton rather than be sold to a European Club.

Anyone that played for a football club named after one of the most important civil rights activists in African history in the struggle against Apartheid probably could give us a lesson or two in some of our backward ways too!

That’s not what I said but if you think black kids in Africa need to be scholars to appreciate the impact of apartheid in S. Africa, and to understand the historical importance of civil rights activists like Mandela and Steve Beko, then clearly you understand little of contemporary Black culture.

Members of my family were also born decades after Nelson Mandela and Steve Beko (in Ghana and the UK) , but I can assure you that the Black Civil Rights movement and Anti-Apartheid movement of the ‘60s and ‘70s is just as significant now to their understanding of their cultural identity and contemporary racism as it was then.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss politics. Not even sure how it even comes into a thread like this.
You really need to start chilling the f*** out.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Deals cannot be processed on 30 June itself, as it is not a working day, so some transfers may not be confirmed and registered until Monday. The clubs can submit the deals in their accounts for the year if they can show the agreement was in place. At least that’s my understanding.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes, 2359 tomorrow.

I believe there is a small degree of leeway available, As long as a deal is "signed off" before midnight on June 30, constituting a binding legal agreement, it will generally be fine for the formalities to be concluded in the subsequent days.

So we may not get a torrent of deals across the premier league announced tomorrow, instead they may come to light over the next 2 or 3 days.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You really need to start chilling the f*** out.
I assume he’s getting touchy again? Did someone call him out on something? He really doesn’t like that!

Hence why he’s on my ignore list!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You're getting very weird in your apparent need to argue every point very literally and seriously.

I was just having fun. And you weren't the target of that fun. But let's kick on...

He's not been in a single Premier League matchday squad let alone play a single minute of Premier League football. He can't stay in the Premier League because he's not been there yet.

I wasn't talking about him though, was I? I was talking about Gambian football fans. Like the South Africans and Iranians before them, they will flock, lovingly, to the Albion's social media accounts until such time as they realise we are a bit more accepting than they are. Then they'll get all abusive.

Do you want me set a reminder for myself to highlight this to you when it inevitably happens?

I’m not weird, I’m autistic. 🤗 My brain is wired differently to other people and what you thought was “fun’, to me sounded like playing for laughs at my expense - sorry if that is not what was happening. You may be absolutely right however, and I’m getting worse. Certainly my symptoms of autism are poorly managed at the moment for reasons I don’t want to bore people with. 😎 Recent intermittent double vision, headaches, loss of balance/tripping over and increasing difficulties with written and verbal communication could mean something more sinister though - I’m hoping it’s just another autoimmune condition but my doctor thinks not and I’ve been referred for an urgent brain scan as of yesterday, so we’ll see. It is what it is but I’m not intentionally trying to be difficult or generate conflict. I love this site and the variety of topics and passionate way we talk about the Beautiful Game.

As for the rest, I never said Minteh had played for the EPL I just meant that he tirned down Lyon because he wanted to ‘stay’ signed to a Premier League Club and have the opportunity play in the EPL rather than be sold to a European league. In response to your LBGTQ remarks, I was simply saying that we also have a poor record of discrimination in this Country as an addendum to your point ok not comparable, I get that - I thought pertinent though in reference to the name of Minteh’s early football club. His early years and background is interesting actually;

People may enjoy this video I found on YT earlier - his Gambian early years reminds me of a young Pelé even at that age.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m not weird, I’m autistic. 🤗 My brain is wired differently to other people and what you thought was “fun’, to me sounded like playing for laughs at my expense - sorry if that is not what was happening. You may be absolutely right however, and I’m getting worse. Certainly my symptoms of autism are poorly managed at the moment for reasons I don’t want to bore people with. 😎 Recent intermittent double vision, headaches, loss of balance/tripping over and increasing difficulties with written and verbal communication could mean something more sinister though - I’m hoping it’s just another autoimmune condition but my doctor thinks not and I’ve been referred for an urgent brain scan as of yesterday, so we’ll see. It is what it is but I’m not intentionally trying to be difficult or generate conflict. I love this site and the variety of topics and passionate way we talk about the Beautiful Game.

As for the rest, I never said Minteh had played for the EPL I just said he wanted to ‘stay’ signed to a Premier League Club and play in the EPL rather than be sold to a European league. In response to your LBGTQ remarks, I was simply saying that we also have a poor record of discrimination in this Country as an addendum to your point ok not comparable, I get that - I thought pertinent though in reference to the name of Minteh’s early football club. His early years and background is interesting actually;

People may enjoy this video I found on YT earlier - his Gambian early years reminds me of a young Pelé even at that age.

Good vid.

Here's another.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He looks very raw. Seems a lot of money. He'll have to be the greatest Gambian to ever play the game to contribute meaningful at this level. So fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here