Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Sadly over 30 is the going rate now if we want any sniff of top 10, we should know given the kind of absurd amounts we’ve got for players

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wonder if the sudden ‘go for it’ stems from seemingly losing out on KDH before the PSR deadline
We can’t get Summerville now that Dirty are solving their PSR issues with Gray-to-Brentford. I suspect we’re spending the money earmarked for his transfer.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wow. Ornstein’s reliable.

Depends on the player now and is W@nkstanley waiting to pounce?

Tick, tock …. how many minutes before Romano copies?
Yep - hopefully won’t be another Kudus situation and the player decides we are not good enough for him - at least we are a better prospect than Everton. By all accounts, the deadline is tomorrow so this one has go over the line in the next 24 hours surely ? Newcastle are making a huge profit on him.

I wonder if we had to agree a buy back or release clause for that - the agreement with Lyon was £40m?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Yep - hopefully won’t be another Kudus situation and the player decides we are not good enough for him - at least we are a better prospect than Everton. By all accounts, the deadline is tomorrow so this one has go over the line in the next 24 hours surely ? Newcastle are making a huge profit on him.

I wonder if we had to agree a buy back or release clause for that - the agreement with Lyon was £40m?

We wouldn't.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

FWIW Minteh turned Lyon down.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
FWIW Minteh turned Lyon down.
Yes I know - that was the point of my post - Minteh didn’t want to leave the EPL and said he wanted to go to Everton or stay at St James’ Park.

Newcastle however, notwithstanding that, had agreed a fee of £40m with Lyon apparently then it collapsed when Minteh refused to agree personal terms.

I suspect Newcastle would have held out for a higher fee with us if they hadn’t been against the clock - that’s why I wondered if the lower fee comes with a release clause or even a buy back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on. We’ve been after a genuine left footed inverted right winger as back up to March for what seems like years! Like RDZ, Hürzeler seems to love an inverted winger.

But the fee……….I need to be convinced. He doesn’t look any better than Osman but I hope to be proved massively wrong.
This, he’s a March backup/replacement, not Mitoma.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

The player didn't want to go, and 40m euros Vs £33m isn't much difference

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The player didn't want to go, and 40m euros Vs £33m isn't much difference
I just said he didn’t want to go are you trolling me? :lol:

Yes I know - that was the point of my post - Minteh didn’t want to leave the EPL and said he wanted to go to Everton or stay at St James’ Park.

Newcastle however, notwithstanding that, had agreed a fee of £40m with Lyon apparently then it collapsed when Minteh refused to agree personal terms.
Btw Sky Sports and other UzK media reported was £40m in Sterling not Euros.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...ns-and-contracts?postid=7880412#liveblog-body

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I think it more likely that it’s goodbye March if he has not fully recovered from his injury - it was apparently 50:50 last month - not sure there’s been any updates since has there ??
I think this summer incoming will not = outgoing. Think our outgoings will be youth and fringe players which I still think we can raise significant funds from

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We can’t get Summerville now that Dirty are solving their PSR issues with Gray-to-Brentford. I suspect we’re spending the money earmarked for his transfer.
Would prefer him to Summerville. He’s hard working whereas Summerville is a moody so and so who let Leeds down at the end of last season by some non interested performances. Plus, Summerville is strongly right foorlted. We need a left footed right winger.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Good, finally a left footed right winger to challenge march (if he ever comes back the same player).

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I just said he didn’t want to go are you trolling me?

Sky Sports reports it was £40m in Sterling not Euros.
I will make sure I read every post thoroughly before replying in future.

That's insane if the 40m was sterling - even euros sounded like a huge fee for Lyon, wow. But it's very possible this is paper talk instigated by agents/NUFC to drive the price up before the 1st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here