Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with Easy that it's shit, but it's compelling shit. My favourite thing is the American-style drama of it all. The amazing voice-over, the ludicrously OTT audience reactions, the heroes welcome for the judges. FANTASTIC!

Well for me, it really is just....shit.
I have to put earphones on now while its on, or my head starts aching from all the :rolleyes: moments this pap manages to pack into a single show.
It really is quite grim, almost on a Big Brother level (but not quite as rank, at least there's Cheryl Cole to drool over, which is the ONE saving grace).

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
It is very obvious why John and Edward will make it through quite a few weeks.
It is simply because you have to vote for your favourite act, not which act to go.

The problem with mediocre acts like Rachel is that there is no target audience. She is a decent singer (much better than John and Edward) but nothing that stands out.

John and Edward are very much a Marmite act, with 99% of people hating them. But that 1% that likes them is enough.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree with Easy, I've always really enjoyed X-Factor and found it very entertaining TV in a guilty pleasure sort of way.

But viewers do have a garbage threshold, and if you realise you're having the piss totally taken out of you, you'll stop watching. This is the first series where that has happened.

The twins are an obvious example, but right from the first live show the backing singers and production were so loud for the songs you could barely hear the main singers, or differentiate between them. A couple did it virtually unaccompanied, and they were the only ones you could hear properly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I always love it when the mentalists that have escaped the home for the day are on. You then find an act you like and you kind of follow them (Lucie Jones this year)

John and Edward are the last glimpse of the mentalists before it turns into a proper karaoke songfest, I never used to like the later stages, but last year got into it, and as I havent been doing away games really this season, have found myself watching it, and enjoying it. Xtra Factor is by far the better programme, with added Holly Willoboobies bonus!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Michael Buble and Westlife performing on the Sunday night show this week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is perhaps a fine line between entertaining pap, and mindless drivel. And I'm afraid X-Factor has now crossed that line.
Although in truth, its all been downhill since Roxanne-gate.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
well after a depressing day of football who's now putting misery behind them and watching the x:blush:.....anyone? i reckon the group will go tonight myself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here