Votes: 137 85.1%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
RATM fans rage against 'The X-Factor' - The Ampersand

Battle for the Xmas Number 1. A campaign has been launched to keep this year's X Factor winner from the grabbing this years festive spot. A Facebook group has got 400,000 members apparently campaigning to get Rage Against the Machine's 'Killing in the Name Of' to the top of the charts. Not the most festive ditty I know but a very, very good track, and it would be great to break the stranglehold that Simon Cowell seems to have at this time of year.

Even if you already own it why not download it again next week, only costs 70p on some sites. Or if you just don't want bland music to hold the Xmas No. 1 slot then join in!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Great idea.

All lovers of great music should get involved with us, even if they don't like the track.

Great idea.

All lovers of great music should get involved with us, even if they don't like the track.

Oh, that sage advice! "buy it even if you don't like it, MUSIC LOVER" :wozza:

It's a good scheme though, think I'll make a recording and saturate the internet with pleas to get people to buy my rubbish to stop someone else's rubbish from saturating some other place (where you probably are not going to listen, anyway).

I thought in this modern time, you could always listen to what you wanted to hear?
Does anyone need to buy something to prevent someone else from hearing it?
Shite always made the charts, and usually the number one was just the biggest piece of shite. So, what's new?

By the way, all this stuff is going to do, is push both X-Factor - with their discovered philosophy of reverse pychology that's grabbing the headlines for 'Jedward', who although I've never heard them perform I'm familiar with the name - and some other NOW MAINSTREAM act like RATM to new heights of publicity!

:nono: Some little unsigned band flogging their own cds at gigs is probably going to stay poor and ...unsigned, while you followers fly into the sun after some overstuffed Icarus.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I voted for Stacey, purely because she makes me laugh every time she opens her mouth. I would rather be entertained by someone that is clearly on a different planet to me than buy some earnest dirge from a group that someone else has decided to promote in a "buy me because I am alternative" internet campaign. The sort of people who buy X Factor shite are not the same people who will buy RATM.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

It's a good scheme though, think I'll make a recording and saturate the internet with pleas to get people to buy my rubbish to stop someone else's rubbish from saturating some other place (where you probably are not going to listen, anyway).

I thought in this modern time, you could always listen to what you wanted to hear?
Shite always made the charts, and usually the number one was just the biggest piece of shite. So, what's new?

:yawn:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

It was succinct and to the point, you should try it some time!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
These campaigns are very odd.

Load of kids protesting about money going to record company so they encourage people to give it to another one.

.. and apparently that's an anarchic thing to do.

Tell you what, instead of downloading either of the songs go and give the money to a charity.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Isn't it Stacey SOLOMON?

*Hangs head in shame at level of X-Factor knowledge*

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
These campaigns are very odd.

Load of kids protesting about money going to record company so they encourage people to give it to another one.

.. and apparently that's an anarchic thing to do.

Tell you what, instead of downloading either of the songs go and give the money to a charity.

i sympathise with your point but then can't everything we buy be donated to a more charitable cause, including tickets to see the albion. unfortunately this just doesn't happen and people are going to be more than happy to spend 70p as a form of protest against simon cowell in the hope he'll not be such a smug twat this christmas.

the real question here is whether the rage agree to the buying of their single in 'protest' and (hopefully) knocking x-factor from number one. but i doubt they give a shit.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i sympathise with your point but then can't everything we buy be donated to a more charitable cause, including tickets to see the albion. unfortunately this just doesn't happen and people are going to be more than happy to spend 70p as a form of protest against simon cowell in the hope he'll not be such a smug twat this christmas.

the real question here is whether the rage agree to the buying of their single in 'protest' and (hopefully) knocking x-factor from number one. but i doubt they give a shit.

.. by increasing the profits of another record company ? Er.. right, if that what constitutes a protest these days , God help us.

I seem to recall another "worthy" campaign last year that effectively increased Simon Cowell's profits whichever track was downloaded.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
RATM every time...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
=wellquickwoody Rage Against the Machine's 'Killing in the Name Of' to the top of the charts. Not the most festive ditty I know but a very, very good track

In your opinion.

I have just downloaded it FREE from the usual place and I think it's shit.

In my opinion.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who gives a f*** about the charts? Anyone that downloads this tune to keep X Factor off number 1 clearly knows nothing about music and can quite easily be ignored when talking about the subject, and are also part of the exact same machine that lines Simon Cowell's very high pockets. Who is to say this isn't a clever marketing ploy to sell more Rage records seeing as they haven't made a decent tune in YEARS.

Anyway, when was the last time you gave a f*** about the top ten?

EXACTLY.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And it was bullcrap, you are talking a load of shit and you must have your head stuck up your arse to buy something even if you don't like it.

There. You understand that better.

:shutup:FOOL!

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
.. by increasing the profits of another record company ? Er.. right, if that what constitutes a protest these days , God help us.

I seem to recall another "worthy" campaign last year that effectively increased Simon Cowell's profits whichever track was downloaded.

you'll notice my words 'form of protest' and then again in inverted commas. i'm not saying it's a particularly good one or one i will buy into, but for a lot of people it's a protest nonetheless. 539,000 people to be precise. and rising.

i can't help but admire cowell. he's a money-hungry cock but knows exactly what he's doing. i doubt very much he'll give two shits about the whole thing anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here