Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What a crock of shit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
just another thought to throw into the conspiracy ring, wasnt it tom morello who reworked the led zepplin music on the x factor?

It just isn't that important, any of it. Bit of a protest, no one actually gets hurt, and a few people have had a bit of a chuckle.

You picked one side, I and many others picked the other side. Our side gained an unimportant 'victory' whereas your side 'lost'.

It doesn't matter, give it a rest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Putting all the conspiracy and other issues aside I am liking it for the simple reason our Xmas number has lots of swearing in it. I know this song has the revolutionary fervour of a stroppy teenage refusing to tidy their bedroom but hey ho....it still has some swear words in it.

I'm up for a campaign to get Nazi Punks F**k Off to number one next year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is the problem I feared now. Every year someone is going to tell everyone what to buy again, thus replacing the whole thing they hated (the monotony of xfactor winning) by a new thing which represents the exact same values (the monotony of the 'peoples elected' choice winning EVERY YEAR)

thus defeating the WHOLE POINT

silly heads

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
This is the problem I feared now. Every year someone is going to tell everyone what to buy again, thus replacing the whole thing they hated (the monotony of xfactor winning) by a new thing which represents the exact same values (the monotony of the 'peoples elected' choice winning EVERY YEAR)

thus defeating the WHOLE POINT

silly heads

Yeah, and each week on the X Factor, Dermot O'Learly will have to refer to "winner who will compete with the Beastie Boys [or whoever] for Xmas #1". :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite thing is how many people refer to this as a victory for "the people". As if the millions who follow X Factor are literally sub-human.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The song isn't to my taste but I'm so glad that the x factor drivel isn't number 1, every f***ing year it was the same.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My favourite thing is how many people refer to this as a victory for "the people". As if the millions who follow X Factor are literally sub-human.

:lolol::lolol:

Good point ... although you do have to remember that most of Joe's followers are Geordies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So a single everyone is told to buy is beaten by another from the same record company that everyone is told to buy.

Next global warming will solved by everyone downloading "an app".

The powers of capitalism must be shitting themselves.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A lesson in viral Marketing there.

Record company gets double bunce, I bet they wished they had thought of it themselves...oh, hang on...they will.

Still £70k for shelter from the RATM victory aint a bad thing and the song is a lot more real than McElderberry's warblings. Brighton's own Simon Cowell will be laughing all the way to the bank anyway..its not like a bit of competition will have blunted sales of his shitty record is it?, also did'nt he get a share of "Killing in the name of" as well?

Who really gives a shit anyway?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think the funniest thing is the picture of the instigators in the papers today. A 'Rock DJ' who as well as looking like an lawyer, tried and failed to get Rick Astley to number 1 last year. Toasting his hard rock rebellion campaign with a nice red wine whilst cosying up with his smug and equally from the streets wife.

Well done for the money raised for Shelter - £65k for half a million downloads seems a fair return for the anarchic duo who will doubtless now benefit themselves and have the same 15 minutes of fame normally reserved for failed x factor contestants. Not sure quite how this compares with the money Simon Cowell gives to charity without publicity although I do know that he has done a lot in the sussex area via one means or another.

And whilst they open another bottle of merlot at xmas they will know that one group of sheep have beaten another group of sheep and that they like Simon Cowell have manipulated the record buying public for their own gains.

And next year I suggest we go for St Winifreds School Choir There's No-one Quite Like Grandma who were cruelly robbed of an xmas number one and with the number of participants nobody can be accused of cashing in on the royalties

Putting all the conspiracy and other issues aside I am liking it for the simple reason our Xmas number has lots of swearing in it. I know this song has the revolutionary fervour of a stroppy teenage refusing to tidy their bedroom but hey ho....it still has some swear words in it.

I'm up for a campaign to get Nazi Punks F**k Off to number one next year.

Oh yes, a majestic suggestion.:thumbsup:

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
And whilst they open another bottle of merlot at xmas they will know that one group of sheep have beaten another group of sheep and that they like Simon Cowell have manipulated the record buying public for their own gains.

What gains are they then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a lot of waffle on this thread. Cant people just enjoy the fact is was bit of fun?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What gains are they then?

Let's just wait and see shall we? By previously trying with a Rick Astley song this does seem to demonstrate a propensity to crave fame and notoriety. They are no better or worse than any of the fruit loops who put themselves forward for public humiliation whilst hoping for that one big break on the x factor. If you think this is some right on attempt to change the face of the music business then think again. It is a simple attempt to make a name which has taken off.

I suspect we will get the book, the magazine columns, TV and radio appearances about what a monumental achievement they have made. There will be Net journos literally creaming themselves about this and it wont be long before FHM or another quality mag does an inside on them. And his other business wont suffer either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here