Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor Final = official thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I watched five minutes of this on Saturday - the bloke whose lifetime ambition was clearly a very modest one - to become the new Little Jimmy Osmond - could very obviously not sing for toffee, he was as flat as a pancake.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Uncle Spielberg said:
Anyone who does not realise Leona is the best singer this country has unearthed in many years is either:

1. Deaf
2. Dumb
3. Drunk
4. On Drugs
5. Just talking shit for the effect of it

She was premiership when all the other acts were conference, so far ahead of the field it was actually quite embarrasing, Mike Tyson V Norris from Coronation Street

Uncle Spielberg said:
" Ray " from the new X Factor, boyish good looks and a reasonable voice, the winner of X Factor 2006.

Get on and get on LARGE.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It does not matter how good the singer is that wins these contests, the reason they are soon forgotten is due to the crap that is written for them and is released as a single.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
It does not matter how good the singer is that wins these contests, the reason they are soon forgotten is due to the crap that is written for them and is released as a single.

Push the crap hard enough and it will be a hit..unfortunately

Don't forget though that one person's crap is another's Nirvana (and I'm not talking about the band) :)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wozza you bounced a thread I did before the finals started, to pick the one that came 2nd out of 12 was a good shout, not sure if you are trying to be clever or not because if you are you are not.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Uncle Spielberg said:
Wozza you bounced a thread I did before the finals started, to pick the one that came 2nd out of 12 was a good shout, not sure if you are trying to be clever or not because if you are you are not.

The point was, YOU didn't mention Leona before the finals started (when she was favourite, incidentally), but now apparently you'd have to be deaf, dumb etc not to recognise she was the best.

So, you haven't lost your touch - you're STILL a rubbish tipster full of shit.

Also, I didn't bounce a thread. Cheers.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Watched this on Saturday and it dawned on me once Ray had done the "winners single" how much of a fix this programme is. The song they had chosen was so biased towards Leona that Ray's hopes disappeared at this point. It's a shame that the song wasn't the sort of song that was fair to both singing styles and wasn't so obviously pitched towards Leona's shriel.

It's a shame, as I'd enjoyed this series up until that point

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Buzzer said:
If the Nilsson song was 'without you' then she's doomed. There's a curse on that song apparently.

If the song was Without You, then it's not a Nilsson song. It was written by Peter Ham and Tom Evans of Badfinger and originally recorded by them.

I don't know about cursed, but both Ham and Evans killed themselves.

I feel so sad for knowing that sort of trivia.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Incidentally Leona MURDERED that Nilsson song ( I think he wrote it anyway) which was her 2nd song and Ray should f*** off and get a job on cruise ships or Butlins where he'll go down a storm

'Without You' was written by Badfinger and covered by Nilsson.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Man of Harveys said:
I watched five minutes of this on Saturday - the bloke whose lifetime ambition was clearly a very modest one - to become the new Little Jimmy Osmond - could very obviously not sing for toffee, he was as flat as a pancake.

I am sure he will get by without words of support from you.

:wave:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Icy Gull said:
Incidentally Leona MURDERED that Nilsson song ( I think he wrote it anyway) which was her 2nd song and Ray should f*** off and get a job on cruise ships or Butlins where he'll go down a storm

Neither have the X factor which is what I thought the show was all about, top quality karaoke though :clap:

I thought it was 'All By Myself' ???

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I watched as much of the final repeat as I could before the urge to vomit forced me to turn over.

This show needs to dissapear, it really is puke inducing. Leona, ok she can sing, but f*** me what a boring bint, expect her to have the obligatory 3 hits then vanish to the Simon Cowel wasteland of reality singing competion winners.

How was Ray EVER in the final? Guarantee hes singing as a support in some musical soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Buzzer said:
If the Nilsson song was 'without you' then she's doomed. There's a curse on that song apparently.

Nope just checked it, it was All By Myself written Eric Carmen so nothing to do with Nilsson at all :blush: Anyway the point is that IMO she steamrollered it with charismaless ease

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Icy Gull said:
Nope just checked it, it was All By Myself written Eric Carmen so nothing to do with Nilsson at all

cartman.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wozza

I backed Leona to win at 7/1 and she was 2/5 Saturday. She was not the pre favourite about 5th fav on the 1st show, facts wrong again

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have you thought of working for LDC or Baker :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought that bird singing YMCA should have won

:angel: :angel: :angel:

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
the song was written for kelly clarkson, so was for a high pitched female voice, it was obvious leona was going to sing it better than ray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here