Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor Final = official thread

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ali jenkins said:
I can only think of Girls Alloud and Will Young that have actually made it big because of a reality show.

You forgot the best one Lemar, heard of him ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone who does not realise Leona is the best singer this country has unearthed in many years is either:

1. Deaf
2. Dumb
3. Drunk
4. On Drugs
5. Just talking shit for the effect of it

She was premiership when all the other acts were conference, so far ahead of the field it was actually quite embarrasing, Mike Tyson V Norris from Coronation Street

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Anyone who does not realise Leona is the best singer this country has unearthed in many years is either:

1. Deaf
2. Dumb
3. Drunk
4. On Drugs
5. Just talking shit for the effect of it

She was premiership when all the other acts were conference, so far ahead of the field it was actually quite embarrasing, Mike Tyson V Norris from Coronation Street

I reckon she was Conference whilst the others were Sunday Park.

Not an ounce of originality, copying Mariah Carey does not make her anything to get excited about and she lacks any charisma at all. She will sink in no time at all because she is neither different enough or tough enough

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I usuall try Otex for blocked ears, works very well and is clinically proven to reduce the need for syringing. Get some, quick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Icy Gull said:
I reckon she was Conference whilst the others were Sunday Park.

Not an ounce of originality, copying Mariah Carey does not make her anything to get excited about and she lacks any charisma at all. She will sink in no time at all because she is neither different enough or tough enough

I wager she will have at least 3 number ones by this time next year. £ 50. Are you on ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
come on , it should be £ 50 in the bag for you if you are so sure she will sink without a trace.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
come on , it should be £ 50 in the bag for you if you are so sure she will sink without a trace.

She will ride the hysteria for a year, but by this time next year the no 1's will have stopped with the arrival of the next manufactured pap . She won't have a top ten hit at this time next year. On that basis you are on. I am assuming this is money to REMF?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 50 to REMF by 17/12/07

Leona - 3 no 1 hits - you owe
Leona - less than 3 no 1 hits - I owe

Its on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
£ 50 to REMF by 17/12/07

Leona - 3 no 1 hits - you owe
Leona - less than 3 no 1 hits - I owe

Its on.

Hang on, that's not what I agreed, she already has one no 1 and the others will follow due to the hype BUT her xmas release NEXT year will not make the top 10 is what I said. She will undoubtably have a Christmas release if she is all you say she is. I'm just saying she will be discarded for next years winner and that will be the end of her meteroic rise

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the bet was I say she will have 3 . no 1's in the next year and you say " she will sink without trace " which pretty much means you think she will not have 3 , no 1's , seems a great bet for you as you think she is so shit.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
the bet was I say she will have 3 . no 1's in the next year and you say " she will sink without trace " which pretty much means you think she will not have 3 , no 1's , seems a great bet for you as you think she is so shit.

Do not underestimate the gullibilty of the British public for hype. The greatest singer in decades can surely be expected to have a top ten single in a years time. Gareth Gates was equally unoriginal and fabricated and has sunk without trace but not without his fair share of publicity induced no 1's.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you've bottled it, all bets off :angry:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
you've bottled it, all bets off :angry:

Apart from Will Young they have all disappeared of the radar after a year, so will Leona. The money invested in her GUARANTEES no 1's, doesn't mean she is going to have a decent career. Talent alone is not enough, you need to be different and charistmatic as well to stand the test of time and you obviously have your doubts so I suggest that it is you that has bottled it :)

We already have Mariah Carey, we don't need clones :angry:

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Icy Gull said:
Apart from Will Young they

Girls Aloud
Lemar
Liberty X were an off spring from a reality show and fairly successful.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Springal said:
Girls Aloud
Lemar
Liberty X were an off spring from a reality show and fairly successful.

I'll have to concede as I think all three are shite and I obviously don't have a teenager's ear for muzak :down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yea but they've all been successful

And my reply was in response to "disappeared off the radar after a year"

Last edited:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Leona was the best of the available bunch, by a country mile, which I thought was the point of the competition ?

My personal hunch is that shes a good looking gal, with a tremendous voice. which means she'll have a decent career for some time to come.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Frutos said:
Ben should still be in this contest.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

He certainly should have been in the final two - not to take it away from Ray as he's a good performer but not really star material. I've heard enough of Leona and certainly wouldn't buy any of her material. Yes, she's talented but I can't listen to her shrieking for long - not my type of music, whereas Ben is fantastic - but probably not the kind of singer that many of the people who watch the X Factor would like. As far as I'm concerned, he was streets ahead of the rest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Icy Gull said:
Incidentally Leona MURDERED that Nilsson song ( I think he wrote it anyway) which was her 2nd song and ...

If the Nilsson song was 'without you' then she's doomed. There's a curse on that song apparently.

Not that I'm superstitious - says the bloke with a lucky Albion t-shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here