Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually looking forward to it as well. But as per last season, the reason we've got another unwanted and inconvenient replay is squarely down to one fella.

agreed, still think he did it so that Greer only missed 1 league game

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Players do Saturday to Tuesday games (2 days off) all the time, not sure what the difference is Wednesday to Saturday tbh.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Suddenly becoming very mild here... yesterday at 12 noon our car park was still covered in frost.... today it is completely thawed and the grass has gone from white to green very quickly - even in the shade! Quite cloudy overhead and definitely warming up....

I'm confused now .....................so are we playing in your car park, with security cameras downloading on line .........................?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Yep.

Trace it back to the moment Wrexham had just equalised, and Gus STILL went ahead with immediately hauling off Navarro and Buckley, putting on Kasim and Rodgers in their place. The result - zero width and 6 kids, against a confident team with their tails up.

I'm not saying we would have gone on and won had those changes not been made - but he certainly made it as difficult as possible.

But then Buckley and Navarro were fully fit for Bristol, and Buckley proper soccered those Brizzle dins!! We got 3 points, moved above Palace and played well

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But then Buckley and Navarro were fully fit for Bristol, and Buckley proper soccered those Brizzle dins!! We got 3 points, moved above Palace and played well

C'maann, Bristol was a whole WEEK after the Wrexham game - I'm sure leaving Buckles and Nav on for the last half hour wouldn't have made any difference to their performances 7 days on (unless they'd got KNOBBLED obviously, but that can happen in any game). Nav was on the bench anyway for Bristol.

If we were 2-0 up I could fully understand that sub. But having just got pegged back to 1-1, it was an ECCENTRIC move that all but sealed a replay (at best).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think gus would like more time to prepare for a league game rather than FA cup

But there's league games sometimes on Saturday and Tuesday. So again, what difference does it make? Mean to be professional athletes for gawds sake, get on with it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Players do Saturday to Tuesday games (2 days off) all the time, not sure what the difference is Wednesday to Saturday tbh.

There is no difference BUT we'd rather have 4 days and more training sessions to prepare for the league game than the cup game - always. Hence why we didn't want it on a Weds for starters. We'll have some good analysis on Peterboro to squeeze into only 2 training sessions now I'd imagine. This is why having 48 hrs to prepare for the Leeds game after Liverpool was so shit.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

I think its more to do with travelling. A wednesday evening game means travelling back late in the evening or early thursday which writes off most of that day so only then have friday to prepare whereas saturday to tuesday gives you a rest day, a travelling day and the whole of tuesday before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here