Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wounds still not healed after 25 years....

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
ive heard a few stories from some of my colleagues who used to be miners , many of them were locked up and no one knew where they were for days on end, but were never charged

D

Deleted User X18H

The NUM called a national strike, Thatcher used the police, the army and MI5 to divide and rule.

The NUM membership was most militant in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire, whereas the Notts miners were more moderate. They eventually started to drift back to the work, and there was a lot of trouble between the pickets from Yorkshire, and the Notts miners, who were seen as scab labour.

After about a year the strike collapsed, the Yorkshire communities have never forgiven the scabs.
Rubbish MAGGIE stood up against militant terrorists and would not back down to attempts at MOB rule.

No wonder she is a Baroness

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
cant wait for her state funeral so after it i can drive a road roller over her grave to make sure the evil bitch cant claw her way out
There will be street parties all over the UK to celebrate.

D

Deleted User X18H

MAGGIE gave the people of my generation the chance to make something of ourselves even though our older siblings were stifled my the mid 1970's militants JOKINGLY led by Callaghan.

Ask THPP! Ask Buzzer! Ask Afters! even ask TLO! they will all tell you the late 80's early 90's were a great period in the UK and we didn't bust like we have now because we succeeded on prudent fiscal polices and wise overseas investment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
MAGGIE gave the people of my generation the chance to make something of ourselves even though our older siblings were stifled my the mid 1970's militants JOKINGLY led by Callaghan.

Ask THPP! Ask Buzzer! Ask Afters! even ask TLO! they will all tell you the late 80's early 90's were a great period in the UK and we didn't bust like we have now because we succeeded on prudent fiscal polices and wise overseas investment.

The yuppies made all the dosh , the ordinary man in the street just got screwed by all those in it for the personal greed.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
any one remember Barnsley away in the Fa cup during the miners strike.. the old bill were o.t.t. that day and we lost

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph

bullshit you moron

this current slump proves the futility of relying on thacherite theories.that an economy based on banking,insurance and services is all you need as a profit can be made on goods produced elsewhere opening the market to imports. equally privitisation has resulted in british assets and utilities being sold off to foriegn ownership and wealth,including subsidies to railway companies,being creamed off by foriegn owners

america created the problems our banks were only too happy to buy into but the dollar has gained on the pound due to an economy with a strong manufacturing base and a near closed economy

north notts coal mines came under the south yorks coalfield in (manton wood for one)

Manton Wood is in Worksop, which is 3 miles from the South Yorks border. It came under SY for the same reason that Worksop Town are affiliated to the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA and not the Nottinghamshire County FA.
The North Notts area included the many pits in and around Mansfield and Ashfield.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What most people have forgotten (if they ever knew it at all) is the enormous size of the mining industry in Britain. In 1920, 1.25 million people were employed in the coal mines. In some parts of the country, miners made up MOST of the working population.

No wonder the closure of this industry caused such bitterness.

Here we go...........

Yes we should have carried on doing mining at probably three times the rate than anyone else in the world in an industry that cost billions to subsidise.

And keep the fecking red flag flying as well.......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Funnily enough I was there too, and I'm older than any of the aforementioned. Did f*** all for me and I bet I was earning a lot more than you were at that time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maggie was superb and helped launch this country to better things, however New Labour has managed to try and copy what she did except virtually destroy it.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Here we go...........

Yes we should have carried on doing mining at probably three times the rate than anyone else in the world in an industry that cost billions to subsidise.

And keep the fecking red flag flying as well.......

lets just give the billions to bankers who sell the country short gambling that they can sell short viable companies and destroy thousands of jobs in the process

or like thatcherite norman lamont piss billions up the wall taking on and losing in a game of "how high can i keep the pound" with george soros

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
lets just give the billions to bankers who sell the country short gambling that they can sell short viable companies and destroy thousands of jobs in the process

or like thatcherite norman lamont piss billions up the wall taking on and losing in a game of "how high can i keep the pound" with george soros

Not quite the pissing of billions Brown did is it but there you go all you lefties have terrible amnesia these days.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
or spend billions in support of our allies "war of oil dependance"

and allow unfettered capatalism to make tax billions out of guns, amunition,logistics,transport,security,food,reconstruction,education,power,water, and the ultimate irony medicine. all as a by product of a war waged to secure american oil supplies for the next too few years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here