Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a play-off final place NOW?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A one off game vs 27 games in which to possibly screw it up?

Yes. Lets go the the play off final now.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 142

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes (just) but on the proviso that we go off the boil now, come in with a 7/8 game winning streak to end up 4th, Rotherham sneak into 6th and beat Hull in the semi due to dodgy refereeing and have their best player suspended, their entire defence injured and can only name 4 subs

That'll be a No then

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I would - and not just for the obvious percentage chance of automatic reasons.

When we blew it against Palace (we were never going to beat Derby) I was almost more p*ssed off about missing out on that day at Wembley with the kids, win or lose, than not going up. To see my team at Wembley with 40,000 fans is just something I want to do in my life, so I definitely would right now with the obvious extra bonus that it is still an excellent chance of getting promotion

That said, if we get through this week unbeaten, and especially with 5pts or more from these three games, I will truly start to believe that may not be necessary. Toughest week yet, arguably the two best teams plus QPR are finally starting to fire a bit.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I would take a guaranteed promotion via plays offs now than vying for the title. Otherwise bring the battle on

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Okay. And whose hands would it be in?

I see what you're saying and perhaps clarification is needed:
If the ref decides to send one of our players off after five minutes/we go two down straight away vs Derby, it severely effects our chances of winning the game. But we'd still be top two at 5pm.
If that happens in the first five minutes of the Play-Off Final, it severely effects our chances of promotion.

So, I'd prefer promotion to rest in our hands during the next 27 games, rather than in one game.

Feb 14, 2010
To see my team at Wembley with 40,000 fans is just something I want to do in my life, so I definitely would right now with the obvious extra bonus that it is still an excellent chance of getting promotion

I saw the Abion in a play off final to get into the top flight, with more than 40,000 of us at Wembley. Thing is, we lost to Notts County who brought about 20,000 and half of them were Forest and oh of course, its Brighton, we got relegated next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE

I saw the Abion in a play off final to get into the top flight, with more than 40,000 of us at Wembley. Thing is, we lost to Notts County who brought about 20,000 and half of them were Forest and oh of course, its Brighton, we got relegated next season.

That came about partly by bad team selection in BL picking a player who although a good player was no where near fit. Secondly the team in general didnt turn up to perform that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here