Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sit in your rivals end for a derby game?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
have done it at Southampton getting tickets through a season ticket holder4 or 5 years ago - the year we went down from the championship (?). Wasn't a problem not getting excited when we scored, because we didn't. It was noticed that my brother and I were not getting very excited when Southampton scored.

Marked contrast to two seasons ago - away fans tickets on sale the day before at the box office - three joyous goals to celebrate among your own people - battered them in every respect.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm in Palace end on 31st. Not really looking forward to it. After a few beers will I be able to keep it shut as CMS knocks in a last minute winner?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
25 years ago a dozen of us decided to go into Pompeys end at Fratton Park - by the time we got to the turnstile there was only four of us left!! Oh well - in for a penny etc etc.............!!

Think they scored - so LB, a VERY good lad from Worthing offered them out, at first they thought he was joking .............until he gave one a slap then all hell broke loose!!!

Don't think we got that much of a hiding as they were all piling in they couldn't get a decent shot at us ha ha ha!

Ended up in the cells and from (a very hazy) memory ended up with a £200- fine for breach of the peace!!!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Just out of interest. How much are the corporate boxes at Selhurst. There must be some available ?. May well try that option with a few others.

Get enough nectar points at Sainsburys and Palace will be happy to have you sitting on the bench with Freedman

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Did it a couple of times in the Shed back in the 80s, had to cover my face with the programme when we scored. 'twas a bit nasty in there. The police were massive, all really tall and just ... massive.

Done it a couple of times at the Withdean - Matthew Rose scoring the winner in the 90th minute and sitting still while your insides are doing cartwheels was very difficult.

Been in a box at Palace. Bloke next to me realised but was ok about it, even more so each time they scored. One tit did try gobbling off at the Palace below and those in the boxes just watched him until a very well built security man pulled him to one side and told him how to behave.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
I'm in Palace end on 31st. Not really looking forward to it. After a few beers will I be able to keep it shut as CMS knocks in a last minute winner?

You won't be alone, were in the main stand. Going up for the day.
Should be a good day providing players are back by then.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You won't be alone, were in the main stand. Going up for the day.
Should be a good day providing players are back by then.
Main stand ! good luck with that alan . As the rev has said keep your head down .

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Main stand ! good luck with that alan . As the rev has said keep your head down .

Yawn!
Been to Palace enough times to know what is what and to be honest there isn't a lot to know!
Not going to cause trouble but not concerned about reactions. Been in Bobby Moore and BT stands at West Ham in the past, Orient, Dagenham, Colchester and Plymouth.

All Bigger clubs than Palace (he he). Been practicing 'Sad all over'

Just in case, i'm going to rub some tarmac in my hands to fit in and have read up on the latest caravans so that i can have a chat with the locals.
I'm a bit worried because i have an allergy to heather which could give me away!

Thanks for the advice though Dougie! Who is going to read this to you, the same person who typed out the original post?
Later bruv!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yawn!
Been to Palace enough times to know what is what and to be honest there isn't a lot to know!
Not going to cause trouble but not concerned about reactions. Been in Bobby Moore and BT stands at West Ham in the past, Orient, Dagenham, Colchester and Plymouth.

All Bigger clubs than Palace (he he). Been practicing 'Sad all over'

Just in case, i'm going to rub some tarmac in my hands to fit in and have read up on the latest caravans so that i can have a chat with the locals.
I'm a bit worried because i have an allergy to heather which could give me away!

Thanks for the advice though Dougie! Who is going to read this to you, the same person who typed out the original post?
Later bruv!
Ok alan .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No chance. There ain't a hope in Hell that I'd be able to stifle my true allegiances - & I'd probably end up getting a right kicking tbh.

This. If we scored at Palace I know 100% that I wouldn't be able to just sit there doing nothing. Just wouldn't go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did Selhurst home end on a tuesday night in 1975 - quite an interesting experience for a 15 year old

Feb 14, 2010
Of course. Like most people I have mates who support all sorts of clubs, including palace. They are friends before, during and after the game. Where I sit depends on who buys the tickets unless you can pay on the gate, when I will go in the Brighton end.

Jan 30, 2008
don't care who it is , if you're going in the home stands and you make a point of being known expect to get a slap , it's not rocket science .

Jan 30, 2008
25 years ago a dozen of us decided to go into Pompeys end at Fratton Park - by the time we got to the turnstile there was only four of us left!! Oh well - in for a penny etc etc.............!!

Think they scored - so LB, a VERY good lad from Worthing offered them out, at first they thought he was joking .............until he gave one a slap then all hell broke loose!!!

Don't think we got that much of a hiding as they were all piling in they couldn't get a decent shot at us ha ha ha!

Ended up in the cells and from (a very hazy) memory ended up with a £200- fine for breach of the peace!!!

unlike the time at the goldstone when a dozen 657 older bods came and stood in the bottom left hand corner of the north stand waving to their mates in the east and no one done anything :facepalm:

On 23rd September 1975 I stood in the Palace end at Selhurst Park to witness the Seagulls win 1-0 through a Barry Butlin goal. I kept my mouth firmly shut!

I was at that one sitting in the Palace main stand - arrived ten minutes after kick off due to traffic , missed Butlins goal, and spent next eighty minutes keeping quite as the Albion just hang on - christ did it rain that night !

In the early nineties for some reason I stood in the Wolves end at Molineaux when we beat them 4-2 (think Codner scored) - found it hard to contain myself but all around me somehow cottoned on that I was Brighton but left me alone.

Had a Saints fan sit next to me last season at Withdean - I had my suspicions that he wasn't committed to the Albion cause but he couldn't contain himself when those late two goals went in. He 'fessed up and seemed a nice enough lad.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Have done it three times! At Reading (lost 5-1) Oxford in pre season (lost 4-1) and Spurs in the Cup (lost 2-1). Annoyingly having to do it at Palace this year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here