Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sit in your rivals end for a derby game?

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
2006 when Sunderland got relegated with 15 points, we had them on Easter Monday and I went in the home end for it as our end was sold out. There were thousands of empty seats, which is very uncommon for TW derbies, so it wasn't that bad really as I was in a block which wasn't even half full. They took the lead and I was gutted, planned on leaving if we were still losing in the 80th minute but thankfully Michael Chopra came on and scored in the 60th minute, we ended up winning 1-4 but somehow I kept quiet, probably because I was only 15 at the time whereas now I'd find it impossible to keep quiet! Seen a few fights break out after our second goal when NUFC fans had celebrated. Quality experience but I couldn't do it again! Haha!

Watching our fans going absolutely wild after all of our goals was quality. :lolol:

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did it at Hereford (amongst others), shit when you can't celebrate with your own fans.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Would never be able to do it at a Wear-Tyne derby, took my Newcastle supporting mate to the 1-1 at the SOL last season when we equalised in injury time. Somehow he managed to stay quiet when you scored, but as you can imagine I rubbed his nose in it when Gyan scored that goal!

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Would never be able to do it at a Wear-Tyne derby, took my Newcastle supporting mate to the 1-1 at the SOL last season when we equalised in injury time. Somehow he managed to stay quiet when you scored, but as you can imagine I rubbed his nose in it when Gyan scored that goal!

Haha I bet that was horrible for him like. Would never do it again, much rather watch it in the pub with my fellow NUFC fans.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Have done it three times! At Reading (lost 5-1) Oxford in pre season (lost 4-1) and Spurs in the Cup (lost 2-1). Annoyingly having to do it at Palace this year!
Lets hope your run continues !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hosestly why would anyone want to sit in their rivals end for a derby game ! Dont reply with we aint scared , palace scum , nigels etc etc because it isnt a great thing to do . The feelings are running very high for this game and if the rumours are to be believed ? on here, then it might turn ugly . Im not bigging it up but there are rumours doing the rounds and people know about things . Personally i wouldnt sit in with the weed because i could not restrain myself for 90 minutes , it would be sheer agony .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here