Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sit in your rivals end for a derby game?

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Yep did it at the one nil :)

Me too. Not sure I would do it again, as the muppet I was sat next to had such hatred for everything related to Brighton I am positive he would have beaten the shit out of me if he had found out. When we scored he was too busy kicking lumps out of the seats around to notice my (well hidden) smile. The best bit though was their dissalowed effort, as he must have been the last person in the ground to notice the offside flag.....priceless

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
yes, there for the 5-0 and the 1-0 and the second more than made up for the first

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
did it out of necessity at Southampton last season and it was ok (but then I am a bad fan as I tend not to be overly demonstrative) but would much rather be among Brighton fans

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hmm, the corporate idea is interesting as no chance me getting a ticket in the away end. Do they sell them to away fans? Or do we have to pretend to be Palace?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know for a fact I would get into a fight if I did go in the Palace end so I wouldn`t even think about it. I can never keep my mouth shut at football.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I did for the 1987 2-1 defeat at Smeghurst. The game with the 5 penalties. I was 17 went with my uncle he didn't want to stand on the terrace and the away seats were limited and in a pretty crap area behind their kop so we went in the Main Stand. Spent the whole game looking longingly at the away terrace which was bouncing and biting my bottom lip as they missed penalty after penalty. When we scored couldn't help myself and went bonkers but I wasn't the only one and the whole stand started on the dozen or so Albion who were in. I'll never forget that experience but wouldn't recommend it......kept getting badgered to buy pegs and heather

I was behind the goal amongst the Palace fans at that game. It wasn't a very comfortable experience!!

Jan 12, 2012
Hmm, the corporate idea is interesting as no chance me getting a ticket in the away end. Do they sell them to away fans? Or do we have to pretend to be Palace?

Yeah go for it
We do a lovely bit of roast hedgehog, bloody lovely it is too !
I think you'll be very lucky to get a box to be honest. You cant buy a ticket without a booking history,so i would imagine they would be strict with the boxes as well

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Was thinking about maybe getting tickets in the home end for the upcoming derby as won't get tickets in away end. Don't think I'd be able to contain myself if we scored. Would you be able to do it?

Sold out apparantly dude. The chef at my pub worked part time for Palace on match days and had 4 tickets for the home end for me...unfortunately they have just let him go the bastards, apparantly to cut costs! So i've missed out on that one...gutted.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd rather not go! I cannot sit/stand there and not support my team properly!

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I was in amongst the Pompey faithful with my lad at Fratton Park earlier this season; had to bite my lip when we scored. It was a bit uncomfortable when they were awarded a penalty in the last minute but my celebration when they missed it was well hidden by the Pompey crowd standing up and hurling abuse at their players. Priceless!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
You'd have to have balls of steel to do so at a Palace game... also there may come a moment where you a) pretend to celebrate their goal (unthinkable) or b) sit stoically if they score and betray you are behind enemy lines. Even standing up when they score as a feint would make any albion fan sick... so I don't know I could do it. Also you cannot celebrate our goals... Kind of pours water on the joy of it.

Alternatively watch the film ID and take lessons: go in home end, stand up after ten minutes and start singing brighton till i die till and see how it goes

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No chance. There ain't a hope in Hell that I'd be able to stifle my true allegiances - & I'd probably end up getting a right kicking tbh.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If I had to I would. Would I like probably not but Id rather watch the game than listen to it. I dont know if I could keep quiet but then thats the chance you take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here