Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you leave england,if you could.?

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Been living in the US for about 7 months and hate it - people here are so ignorant about what's happening in the rest of the world, and arrogant about the role they play. Moving back to Australia at the end of June for work and I can't wait.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When we first left we were kept very busy building a new life, somewhere to live, new schools etc. didn't have much time to think of England.
But now we are settling into a routine and taking certain things at a slower pace, we discussed the subject, and apart from the fact that I now have to listen to games via the internet; we have much more space better weather etc.
You soon get spoilt and though you do miss lots of things, the memory of them is replaced by new sights and experiences ......................................but I'd murder a decent curry:down:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
OzMike said:
When we first left we were kept very busy building a new life, somewhere to live, new schools etc. didn't have much time to think of England.
But now we are settling into a routine and taking certain things at a slower pace, we discussed the subject, and apart from the fact that I now have to listen to games via the internet; we have much more space better weather etc.
You soon get spoilt and though you do miss lots of things, the memory of them is replaced by new sights and experiences ......................................but I'd murder a decent curry:down:

Where do you live?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
NMH said:
Where are you now?

Holland (or the Netherlands to be technically polite, since I live in Brabant).

Came for a year in 1989...

Left forever in 1991...

Came back for another year in 1994...

Still here.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where's Holland then? Around Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Hague etc? I guess Groningen isn't Holland?

Oct 25, 2003
the first opportunity i have to leave, i think i will

i know that once i graduate, NZ and australia would want me, i would happily live in either

i think i may learn chinese or japanese, then moving there would be an option

the states dont appeal to me at all

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I lived for seven years in Toronto in the seventies followed by ten years in the USA. Made frequent visits back to the UK in that time (but never got to see an Albion game except for the cup final) and thoroughly enjoyed living in North America. When I arrived back in the UK in the late 80s found it very difficult to settle and spent further time overseas in LA, Chicago, Brussels and Doha.

However, taking everything into consideration, and in spite of all that's wrong with this country at the moment it's still home and I very much doubt I'll choose to live anywhere else on a permanent basis.

All those other countries that sound so attractive have also got their own problems and a city/country that may be great to visit may not turn out to be such a wonderful place to live.

Dave the Gaffer said:
Tuscany woudl be my ideal place.

Once the girls are through uni and earning milliomns in their high powered jobs, they can buy us a decent house in Tuscany.
Yours for €190,000 / £135,000, Dave.

In the town where I used to live.

foto2_5454.jpg

foto1_5454.jpg

Great views.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lord Bracknell said:
Yours for €190,000 / £135,000, Dave.

In the town where I used to live.

foto2_5454.jpg

foto1_5454.jpg

Great views.

WOW!

all it needs is a swimming pool and pure heaven!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
certainly would, and actively considering so.

we have a house in france (near bordeaux) and one day we'll share time down there with brighton, but the immediate future....who knows

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Buffalo Seagull said:
Been living in the US for about 7 months and hate it - people here are so ignorant about what's happening in the rest of the world, and arrogant about the role they play. Moving back to Australia at the end of June for work and I can't wait.
Move about an hour and a halfs drive North. Job Done. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I want to coach 'soccer' in the states for a few months and i also wouldnt mind living in Australia or New Zealand for a bit either!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'll be retiring to the Galician mountains with my g/f, where we're having a house built, but not yet. Still love this place, but I don't want to be an old man here - way too scary.

At least 10 years away, probably more. Don't doubt that the Albion will keep me in this country for at least a couple of years after she goes home....

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here