Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Calderon back at the Albion?

Calderon, yeh or neh?

• Total voters

That trait will ultimately lead to him flouncing out of here, first time he doesn't get his own way. Believe it.

I don't think I have ever disagreed with you on here THPP and as much as I absolutely :love: the bloke I can't help feeling his tough, "What did you say about my mum" persona could end up being a bad thing in the long term.

However I am so far inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the hard work he has put in turning this club back into a force to be reckoned with. Time will tell...

Just a technicality, would he be "back"? If contracts expire on June/July first, it would just be a continuation of his current stint, wouldn't it, so technically he wouldn't be back?

It's worth thinking about. The club have to release the player when his contract expires, which is for the vast majority, the 1st of July. So Calderon is still contracted to us until then unless Gus comes out and say's he has released him.

So Gus could be in a situation where he has no right back and may actually decide to shake hands with Calderon and keep him at the club.

(It won't happen will it?)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Calderon has gone and won't be back which is a shame because for the sake of 7 days, in which time Poyet has himself gone away, we have lost a quality player. Should have given him a deadline for the seven days or even when Poyet returns. Nobody would have lost face and no snap decisions would have been made bearing in mind it is a week after the season ended, not a week before the next season starts.

So, hopefully we will get someone of equally flair and ability to replace him.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Calderon has gone and won't be back which is a shame because for the sake of 7 days, in which time Poyet has himself gone away, we have lost a quality player. Should have given him a deadline for the seven days or even when Poyet returns. Nobody would have lost face and no snap decisions would have been made bearing in mind it is a week after the season ended, not a week before the next season starts.

So, hopefully we will get someone of equally flair and ability to replace him.

shock horror, the MANAGER has stuck to his word, no favours for "special" players is the way ahead. get over it and stop moaning about it - the manager is doing exactly what his job title suggests :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here