Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Calderon back at the Albion?

Calderon, yeh or neh?

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes if HE asked to come back, and as people have said we have the bargaining position so drop wages 15% and you're in my Son!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there any chance of this happening, or is this hypothetical?

I'm guessing there is no chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Caldy goes crawling to Gus, and says sorry, and means it, I see no reason why Gus couldn't be big enough to let him sign. It would be EASIER for Gus to stick to his guns, but hopefully he's bigger than that.

I'd love him to stay. We won't get a better player, and anyone who thinks we will is kidding themselves.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Even if the deal at southampton did not materialize there will be opportunities with championship or league 1 clubs. Calderon is history and we will move onwards and upwards.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It's very odd, considering the amount of vitriol posted about him in the last few days, that the YES option is winning the poll by a mile. Are some people being as fickle as the Spanish football genius himself?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'd have him right-back into the team

:jester:

Sorry.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No.

I think it could be a blessing in disguise anyway. Gus will be aware of how the fans warmed to Calderon and of how much quality he added to the team and being a proud man will replace him with an absolute hero of a defender to show the fans and the board he made the right decision...I hope so anyway.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yes.

And I completely respect Gus, and his tough man approach. But, I think if there was one man in our squad that he'd go back on his word for, it'd be Calderon.

Perhaps we should send the poll results to Gus :jester:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is good enough to play in league 1 for us, Not as vital as Painter is to keeping a clean sheet

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Inigo who?

He's gone. He's not coming back. I've got over it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just a technicality, would he be "back"? If contracts expire on June/July first, it would just be a continuation of his current stint, wouldn't it, so technically he wouldn't be back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here