Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Calderon back at the Albion?

Calderon, yeh or neh?

• Total voters

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would, but Poyet wont and that is all that matters.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would be very surprised if Poyet hasn't already got another right back lined up which is why the deadline was put in place.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That's really easy to say, but the reality is that in the last 20 years we've never found one.

I agree, but a lot of us thought (and still do) McNulty was the best left back over the same period and then Painter turned up and arguably is better than Jimmy! I believe with the new progressive Seagulls quality will be found. :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, probably.

He was under no obligation to sign the contract and despite preliminarily agreeing with the terms, asked for an extension with the possibility of earning a bit more money. How many of us would do that?

Having said that, it was a shame that he chose to wait beyond the deadline and see the contract offer withdrawn. I know Gus wants people that want to play for the club, but I don't think his actions were inexcusable.

It's not the end of the world if he doesn't come back to the club, but we have lost a very good right back if he doesn't.

I really don't understand the amount of vitriol levelled at him. Cullip, Kuipers and so on have handed in transfer requests at different stages, but I can't remember them being lambasted.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I would take him back, as long as he eats a large slice of humble tortilla in public and acklnowledges Gus's deity...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Yes, in fantasy land. Gus won't have him back. Incedentally, if they do sack Pardew considering where they finished in the end and a trophy in the cabinet, it would be the most pointless sacking in the history of football - the game has gone mad!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thought long and hard about this several days ago and yes I would have him back ....but its not up to us is it

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No... he blew his chance...

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Definitely. Bad decision to let him go.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes, probably.

He was under no obligation to sign the contract and despite preliminarily agreeing with the terms, asked for an extension with the possibility of earning a bit more money. How many of us would do that?

Having said that, it was a shame that he chose to wait beyond the deadline and see the contract offer withdrawn. I know Gus wants people that want to play for the club, but I don't think his actions were inexcusable.

It's not the end of the world if he doesn't come back to the club, but we have lost a very good right back if he doesn't.

I really don't understand the amount of vitriol levelled at him. Cullip, Kuipers and so on have handed in transfer requests at different stages, but I can't remember them being lambasted.

Too right. The best post I've seen on the subject. Some of the comments on here would indicate that those who made them need a course in anger management! LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here