Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Calderon back at the Albion?

Calderon, yeh or neh?

• Total voters

Now it seems he may be club less with Pardew supposedly (hopefully) getting the sack today. Would you have the Spanish FLAIR minister back at the club? or Will YOU boo him if he manages to get a new team in League One next year?

I personally think he would have signed anyway, especially if he had been given an extra week and Pardew had been given the sack.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus will be too pig headed and Latin to even consider backing down on this one

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I would love him back, but I dont think there is anyway Gus will go back on his word. Calderon missed the deadline, so it is his fault if he ends up neither at Brighton or Southampton. Wish he was with us though, as I ruddy love him maurading down the right wing and walking back if he lost it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, he has the right to get the best deal he can like anybody else whatever their profession. He's a decent player who suits the way we play so we'd be silly not to take him back.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'd love him back, but at what price?

Gus would be made to look a fool, would always be that uncertainty that he was ready to jump ship at the first opportunity.

Tricky.

On the balance, I would say, let him find another club. There are equal if not better full backs out there.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yes, second chance and all that.

Let's be honest, anyone on hear who has an opportunity of making more money in whatever field with a diferent employer would be silly not to take it. He's human after all.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wish people would stop harping on about Calderon, he's gone, GET OVER IT.

Good riddance.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
To be honest, I don't think that Gus's all or nothing kind of attitude is necessarily a good thing all the time. He has been right in everything he has done with regards to contracts so far, however with a player of Calderon's caliber, you occasionally have to make an exception.

I like his no nonsense 'don't f*** with me attitude'. Forster and now Calderon have paid the price. Maybe as a club we have been too forgiving of certain 'star' players and they have taken the piss.

Yes, Gus will make mistakes along the way, but he's a young manager, and as long as we keep progressing under him, let's enjoy the ride.

I wonder if TB had any say on the contract withdrawal? I'm sure Gus must have consulted him at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here