Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would You Go To Hartlepool If The Club Offered FREE Travel

Well...

• Total voters

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
I would deffinatly go IF the travel was free.But as i live in the Midlands i would have to find out if i could be picked up en route somewhere,But would be quite happy to travel to a pre-arranged pick-up point.

same as that, pick me up near northampton and i'll go..........

Much as I thoroughly enjoyed the only trip I have ever made to watch the Albion play at Hartlepool, I won't be going to the replay.

The reason? I have a job and can't afford to take the time off work - and that's not for financial reasons, it's because I have important things to do at work next week.

As for the cost of "free" travel ... the organisation I work for would probably be looking for something like £55 - £60 a seat for a return trip to Hartlepool - but we run minibuses, not coaches. A coach should be cheaper.

And that would be on the assumption that we could find the drivers. Which we can't.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Have NSC'ers ever considered hiring out a coach between them?

We did it for Crewe and it worked out pretty well.

was it full ? how much did it all cost? in the goldstone days we used to hire the odd southdown green bus from the eclipse or the pub at the bottom of sackville road which the name of evades me now. Used to be really good days out at a reasonable cost,makes sense to hire a coach rather than to go via train though it takes longer financialy there is no contest.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
if they chucked in a couple of gully's girls as entertainment i might be tempted......

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If the coach picked up from Haywards Heath then 100% yes.

I would find it near impossible to get picked up from the A23 at 4am.

Even if the coach was subsidised and picked up from HH, I would go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming that the supporters club do not run the coaches to make a profit and the coach holds 53 seats the income from/cost of the coach would be £2067 that again is assuming that everybody paid and also paid a full fare, which they probably didnt.

The gate receipts from 53 people @£15 each would be £795 assuming that we get 45% as per the first game our share would be £357.75 does that answer the question with a loss or subsidy of £1500 per coach why should the club wish to do that.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The gate receipts from 53 people @£15 each would be £795 assuming that we get 45% as per the first game our share would be £357.75 does that answer the question with a loss or subsidy of £1500 per coach why should the club wish to do that.

an apology for charging £18 to get into the home game, or £24 for any other home game?

reward to a handful of fans for helping keeping the club afloat for actually going to the game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
an apology for charging £18 to get into the home game, or £24 for any other home game?

reward to a handful of fans for helping keeping the club afloat for actually going to the game?

Why should they apologise for charging the rate that is needed to cover the costs of staging a game etc. I think that it would be a marvellous idea but one with no logic and I am sure the club wouldnt even consider it, .

They may have done had it been a London game like Brentford where the cost of the coach would not have been so much.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would

If the PLAYERS paid for it after they MONUMENTALLY f***ed up on Saturday.

HAWKINS should of course bear the brunt of the cost. But the rest should chip in.

Maybe they wont be such FUCKTARDS again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here