Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would You Go To Hartlepool If The Club Offered FREE Travel

Well...

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i'm off work next week (presuming thats when the replay is) so a big fat YES i'd go if it was free!

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
if you offered me a free brass and some drinking money also then i would be tempted other than that no chance.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why should they apologise for charging the rate that is needed to cover the costs of staging a game etc. I think that it would be a marvellous idea but one with no logic and I am sure the club wouldnt even consider it, .

They may have done had it been a London game like Brentford where the cost of the coach would not have been so much.

It most likely wouldnt be considered, you are right, but it would be nice to think that maybe just maybe the board/powers that be appreciate the fans in however little way possible.

This would be a great PR stunt, and may contribute to more fans coming to watch, you never know

But as you say, the likelihood of it actually happening is as much as Virgo being dropped when fit

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
an apology for charging £18 to get into the home game, or £24 for any other home game?

reward to a handful of fans for helping keeping the club afloat for actually going to the game?

What about all the thousands of fans who won't be going to that game but have helped 'keep the club afloat' in many other ways over the years. What should their free handout from the club be?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What about all the thousands of fans who won't be going to that game but have helped 'keep the club afloat' in many other ways over the years. What should their free handout from the club be?

Then let them come forward for the free travel as well!

We would then be taking THOUSANDS up to Hartlepool.

The second round BECKONS

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think the First team squad should dip into their pockets for this.

100% NOT going to happen!

After all, it's their fault that the handful of mugs/fans etc have to trek all the way up and back.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
if it was a free or subsidised coach i'd be 100% going. Saying that im not sure eaactly how much is the costa express is to get there??

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Definitely go if it was free

Am slightly tempted to do it as it is but would have to be the Costa Express

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
if it was a free or subsidised coach i'd be 100% going. Saying that im not sure eaactly how much is the costa express is to get there??

If it was £20 and stopped in HH I would definately go, shame it only stops out Hickstead and Pease Pottage as getting a lift back to HH at 5am is a no no:down:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think there's a few options missing off there, i.e.

"I would definitely be tempted but won't be able to get the time off, so its a non-starter".

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If it dropped me off in Berlin afterwards, yes.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
an apology for charging £18 to get into the home game, or £24 for any other home game?

reward to a handful of fans for helping keeping the club afloat for actually going to the game?

Whats there for the club to apologise over for charging less than an average league game for a cup match? - I don't get why you think they should have to do something.

Who says the fans that would even use the coach, (if it was subsidised) were fans that have actually been to any of the home games, or the first FA cup match against Hartlepool.?

What is there to say that if the club did do this, that those fans who take advantage will then actually go to any of the remaining home games?

The club is not a charity, it is trying to stay afloat while trying to get the finances in place to build the new ground, why would it decide to make a loss on a potential earner for the club, to please a handful of fans, fans who may have gone to the game whether the travel was subsidised or not.

You go to games because you want to support the team and (hopefully) be entertained, not because you want the club to be in your debt for going and therefore owing you something in return.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
This is of course the same Virgo who MA says has been one of the major successes this season.

Ha ha ha, what a ridiculous point, and totally irrelevant.

I'm not sure I trust Adams' viewpoint on players anyway and to be honest, he's hardly like to say, "Yup, I've tried Adam in several positions and he's been gash in all of them. boy is my face red!", is he...?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But as you say, the likelihood of it actually happening is as much as Virgo being dropped when fit

My comment was in response to the above statement made by Mendoza so not quite as irrelevant as it appears to Carrot Cruncher

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Whats there for the club to apologise over for charging less than an average league game for a cup match? - I don't get why you think they should have to do something.

Who says the fans that would even use the coach, (if it was subsidised) were fans that have actually been to any of the home games, or the first FA cup match against Hartlepool.?

What is there to say that if the club did do this, that those fans who take advantage will then actually go to any of the remaining home games?

The club is not a charity, it is trying to stay afloat while trying to get the finances in place to build the new ground, why would it decide to make a loss on a potential earner for the club, to please a handful of fans, fans who may have gone to the game whether the travel was subsidised or not.

You go to games because you want to support the team and (hopefully) be entertained, not because you want the club to be in your debt for going and therefore owing you something in return.

I agree with what you are saying, the club dont have to do anything, they are not a charity, but it would be nice if they were seen to be giving something back.

They ask the fans to dip in their pockets enough times, paying for season tickets really early, Alive and Kicking appeals and all sorts, so why not do a nice gesture?

I didnt even think of this until I read a couple of posts on Ask the Club, and thought how good it would be if they actually did something nice back. 40 people on here have already said they would go, so if they made it public, they could at least double the away attendence, which could help the team in their quest for the 2nd round of the cup, and more importantly to the club, a chance of the 3rd round

If they will or not is another question, I will go to the game whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here