Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would You Go To Hartlepool If The Club Offered FREE Travel

Well...

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The superfans who go to both Carlisle and then Hartlepool 3 days later will have forked out a small fortune in either petrol or train/coach fares etc. For most fans however going up to Hartlepool is out of the question as it would mean taking 2 days off work as well.
Looking forward to hear via SW how many have made the journey to Victoria Park.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
are travel lodge doing their £9 rooms yet as it would be cheaper if you had the holday days off in hand to drive to Carlisle on Saturday morning stay up north and drive home Tuesday night after the game.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
are travel lodge doing their £9 rooms yet as it would be cheaper if you had the holday days off in hand to drive to Carlisle on Saturday morning stay up north and drive home Tuesday night after the game.

Your looking at £50 a night for the Saturday anywhere in the north. It gets slightly cheaper around the £29 mark for the Monday.
With this short notice it will be hard to find anywhere cheap unfortunately.

Travel lodge are running the from £9 a room deal again but its from January until May, which i have taken full advantage of for Bristol Rovers having booked me and my other half a room for £19 + a £1 insurance fee for the both of us!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree with what you are saying, the club dont have to do anything, they are not a charity, but it would be nice if they were seen to be giving something back.

They ask the fans to dip in their pockets enough times, paying for season tickets really early, Alive and Kicking appeals and all sorts, so why not do a nice gesture?

I didnt even think of this until I read a couple of posts on Ask the Club, and thought how good it would be if they actually did something nice back. 40 people on here have already said they would go, so if they made it public, they could at least double the away attendence, which could help the team in their quest for the 2nd round of the cup, and more importantly to the club, a chance of the 3rd round

If they will or not is another question, I will go to the game whatever.

I don't think the club needs to give anything back and, optimistic as the thought is, one more coach-load of supporters won't make the slightest difference to the result.

No-one makes us pay to support the Albion and if you consider that we should be rewarded for what we have paid then I am happy with the fact that the current owners got us back to Brighton and have brought us to the verge of a new stadium.

When the gate money that we pay doesn't cover our operating costs, I consider myself fortunate to have in front of me detailed plans of Falmer. That will be reward enough for me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No.
After the way the replay was made necessary, I cannot waste a weekend in that way.

Just as well it's midweek then!

Oct 25, 2003
i don't see why the club REALLY need to 'give something back'

they provide a service which people pay for.......i know football is a bit of an anom but generally they are paid to provide 'entertainment' to the paying public

what they are 'giving back' is the product surely?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

they provide a service which people pay for.......i know football is a bit of an anom but generally they are paid to provide 'entertainment' to the paying public

If you call Hawkins smashing it in his own net from 3 yards "entertainment", then yeah they're providing plenty of that:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Spose so i mean i dont think you would get ya money back if you went to the pics and didnt like the film.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anbody remember the free Buses the Argus put on for our trips to Gillingham ?

I think they also ran a few to away games, I went on one to Cambridge and rthe driver got lost.

Jan 30, 2008
i raised this point about free coach travel to games month's ago on another thread and was roundly slagged off by some of the no marks on here :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here