Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be sad if Crystal Palace went out of business

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Where does the bad bloody stem from between the two clubs? Nothing wrong with a bit of banter but resorting to violence seems somewhat futile and primative. Most on NSC would be up in arms if someone suggested beating up a bunch of Poofs or Pakis

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Where does the bad bloody stem from between the two clubs? Nothing wrong with a bit of banter but resorting to violence seems somewhat futile and primative. Most on NSC would be up in arms if someone suggested beating up a bunch of Poofs or Pakis

They are the closest football club to us. I'll try to find that history story from the Palace board.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Clubs need interdependence - part of what makes a club significant is being hated (or at the very least, irrationally disliked) by supporters of another club.

I feel a bit sorry for the fans of clubs that don't appear to have a genuine rival - Charlton, Bournemouth, etc.

I was reliably informed by a Palace supporter/informant that when Charlton played Palace a few seasons ago, some of the Charlton fans started singing "We hate Palace, we hate Palace..."

The Palace fans response?
"We hate Brighton, we hate Brighton..."
:thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Palace are the club we love to hate. And remember that when each club was on its uppers, the fans of the so-called deadly rivals were among the first to rally round. And don't forget the Robert Eaton memorial match, for instance. There are some other clubs that I wouldn't care if I never heard of again, mainly because of their so-called fans who've never been near their grounds and should be Albion fans - but I wouldn't even want those clubs to go out of business, for the sake of their true supporeters.

Jul 20, 2003
I love Palace

the 1-4 game v Ipswich was the second best game I went to this season (1st was 5-0 v Yeovil)

and the play off final v Leicester when Claridge shinned one in in injury time to win was my bestest ever day at Wembley

long live Jongleurs (however it's spelt)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
when Charlton played Palace a few seasons ago, some of the Charlton fans started singing "We hate Palace, we hate Palace..."

The Palace fans response?
"We hate Brighton, we hate Brighton..."
I like that :thumbsup:

There's nothing worse than being ignored

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
IDIOT.
I Was simply asking because most of you seem to hate Man United with more passion than Crystal palace:yawn:

Eh?! Brighton fans hating Man United more than Palace? You sir are an ignorant fool!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Palace fans supported us in the dark days, I would like to see both in the premier.

As for Man utd they can go to hades for all I care, would like to see Bury gain from it.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I would be devastated if my daughter claimed to hate Man U more than Brighton. I would see it as a parenting failure. And so it should be ingrained into your kids to hate Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here