Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would the world be a better place if we just hung people who commit crimes like this?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
because quite simply the government and local councils are lining their pockets instead of investing money in youth projects etc.

The youth club local to me opens just one evening a week for 2 hours??

Pointless the place even being there. The one i used to go to as a child was open 4 hours a night 7 days a week and during the day in the school holidays as well, This was all run by volunteers as the council wouldn't fund it

Money does need to be spent on facilities for kids-your right. Its a travesty that local councils are selling off playing fields at the same time as complining kids dont do enough exercise or are just hanging around causing trouble.

The only problem is a youth centre for kids aged say 11 upwards wont do much to stop kids getting into gangs at younger ages. One of the lads that killed Kodjo Yenga in London was 13! I would hazard a guess that that wasnt his first offence!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Typical assumption! Nowhere did MoH mention anything about comfortable beds, PS3 or the like. There is a middle ground between our current sitation and the death pentalty. It goes along the lines of life meaning life, less comfortable cells etc.

well that is the reality, especially in young offenders prisons. yeah there is but murderers, in my opinion, don't deserve even that.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
because quite simply the government and local councils are lining their pockets instead of investing money in youth projects etc.

The youth club local to me opens just one evening a week for 2 hours??

Pointless the place even being there. The one i used to go to as a child was open 4 hours a night 7 days a week and during the day in the school holidays as well, This was all run by volunteers as the council wouldn't fund it

i didn't go to a youth club when i was 10-16.. i don't murder people

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
In my opinion the biggest problem is a lack of discipline and respect. When growing up I was taught to respect people and respect my elders. Less than 10 years on a culture with a significant lack of respect has replaced it. Parents are either choosing not to teach their children respect or are trying and failing. Teachers are unable to teach them respect. And ultimately the police are unable to.

Someone needs to take responsibility and try and restore the respect in kids these days.

:clap:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
well that is the reality, especially in young offenders prisons. yeah there is but murderers, in my opinion, don't deserve even that.

Most kids will not enter into a young offenders centre. Only the most serious of child offenders will go there. Otherwise its just fines and slaps on the wrist. Our judicial system does need an overhaul but that doesnt mean capital punishment should be reintroduced.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
No but it does help giving the kids some disipline and structure or ours did anyway

Discipline and structure are important but should that be left to a youth centre to be giving? Arguably that is the duty of a parent and too many are neglecting their parental duties at present.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand why people feel that execution is the answer. (the "revenge" part of me says "Yep they asked for it") but death by the state is not really the answer.**

Proper sentencing is the solution. I favour the "3 strikes and you are out" rules in certain US states. If we don't have enough prisons we should build them.

** Mind you if I'm being totally honest I don't know if I'd feel the same if it was one of my son's attacked like this lad.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Discipline and structure are important but should that be left to a youth centre to be giving? Arguably that is the duty of a parent and too many are neglecting their parental duties at present.

Very true and me and the wife ensure our little boy is well disciplined and has structure.

Unfortunately doing the job i do i see so many "chavvy" familys that don't give a toss and then it does help if schools clubs etc can help.

I could post pics on here that would shock most of the people on here

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I am dreading the next time we have a major heatwave timed, as it will be, with harsh economic times we could well see a repeat of the summer rioting last seen in the 80's, only this time the rioters won't be chucking stones at OB, they will be armed to the teeth.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
maybe caning should be brought back in schools..

Maybe it should, but again the good old 'Human Rights Act' would prevent some poor little sod who was disrupting a whole class getting one round the knuckles meaning the teachers can't do anything meaningful to stop it!

As far as i'm concerned if you cannot prevent the cause all you can do is increase the deterrant as much as possible. For me that means sod the human rights of anyone in jail who doesn't want to try and reform. Prisoners should be made to complete various courses while in jail that might improve their lives when they are released.

Even petty crimes should ALWAYS carry community service punishments. Especially the type of punishments where the little OIKS, to whom image is everything, are made to pick litter, clean graffiti & clean public toilets, all in High Vis, HM Prisons workwear

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Even petty crimes should ALWAYS carry community service punishments. Especially the type of punishments where the little OIKS, to whom image is everything, are made to pick litter, clean graffiti & clean public toilets, all in High Vis, HM Prisons workwear

100% behind you on that one:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Halle-bloody-lujah, someone with a brain who doesn't sound a bit of a weird death fantastist..."I'd string 'em up myself...yes I would...would love to do that...watch the bastards suffering" etc etc etc ad infinitum. Every time.

Besides, deathpervs, it's "hanged" when you hang someone, not "hung". As in "I am prodigiously well-hung. But people who believe what they read in the Daily Mail should be hanged."

I assume you don't live in a rough area or have any kids?

I'm not advocating hanging but neither do I think anyone who thinks it may be a solution is a Daily Mail reader,

Last edited:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Maybe it should, but again the good old 'Human Rights Act' would prevent some poor little sod who was disrupting a whole class getting one round the knuckles meaning the teachers can't do anything meaningful to stop it!

As far as i'm concerned if you cannot prevent the cause all you can do is increase the deterrant as much as possible. For me that means sod the human rights of anyone in jail who doesn't want to try and reform. Prisoners should be made to complete various courses while in jail that might improve their lives when they are released.

completely agree

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Maybe they should try what some US states do, have a curfew for under 18s. Still, the sort of people who commit these crimes aren't smart enough to realise that death is very final. Most of them will be out in less than 10 years whilst their victims are still dead.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
BBC NEWS | England | London | Murdered boy 'turned down fight'

I know it's a bit extreme but surely when its done in broad daylight, no doubt with witness and CCTV evidence that the attacker commited the crime, surely the world would be a better place if these people were just 'put down'?

Why should we pay for them to live a cushty life in jail for the next 10 years then be let out to potentially attack somebody else? I appreciate you have the issue of miscarriages of justice but when the evidence will be very obvious like this one, surely an unprovoked attacker should get 'an eye for and eye'?

This country is too soft nowadays, especially since the Human Rights Act, surely something drastic needs to be done before more innocent people get killed?

No. The death penalty isn't a deterrent. We tried it once but people were still murdering and raping etc. Violence doesn't cure violence.

Putting people on death row would probably cost more than imprisoning them for life too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here