Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would the world be a better place if we just hung people who commit crimes like this?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
BBC NEWS | England | London | Murdered boy 'turned down fight'

I know it's a bit extreme but surely when its done in broad daylight, no doubt with witness and CCTV evidence that the attacker commited the crime, surely the world would be a better place if these people were just 'put down'?

Why should we pay for them to live a cushty life in jail for the next 10 years then be let out to potentially attack somebody else? I appreciate you have the issue of miscarriages of justice but when the evidence will be very obvious like this one, surely an unprovoked attacker should get 'an eye for and eye'?

This country is too soft nowadays, especially since the Human Rights Act, surely something drastic needs to be done before more innocent people get killed?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My view is to bring back the death penalty BUT we have been down this road on TWO similar threads in the last few months so i know the answer to this will be a resounding no

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
The Human Rights Act is an absolute joke and we as a country are far, far too soft - not just on murder.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The death penalty is still murder regarless of whether it is deemed by the public to be justified or not.......its still not 100% clear what happened. Some media reports state he was stabbed in the neck....others suggest his neck was cut when he was hit with a glassed item.

Either way the incident is still horrific but some differentiation needs to be made between those that go out with the intention of killing and those that dont. If the suspect did hit the poor lad and didnt mean to kill him then he would more than likely to be convicted of Manslaughter anyway, which will NEVER carry a death sentence even if we did bring it back.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
They need to make prison a place to be scared of. Jail cells should be cold, and dark and dull with no TV set for starters.

Or how about putting effort in before hand and try to deal with the cause of it. Locking kids......and it is getting to the stage where most of these murders are bing committed by kids under 18....up isnt the answer.

We need to keep kids off the streets and stop them killing in the first place, not spend time wondering what to do once they are in the penal system. Im sure most people want the problem minimized, not managed.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The world would be a better place if people stopped going on about hanging people every time someone did something wrong.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
when there is clear evidence and a jury can say without ANY doubt someone murdered someone else, of course they should have the death sentence. the judicial system is an absolute mess. and if you look at that bbc link at the top of the page, and scroll to the bottom, there is a list of 13 teenagers murdered this year already. how many of them sound english? something needs to be done urgently about gang problems in london.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The world would be a better place if people stopped going on about hanging people every time someone did something wrong.
Halle-bloody-lujah, someone with a brain who doesn't sound a bit of a weird death fantastist..."I'd string 'em up myself...yes I would...would love to do that...watch the bastards suffering" etc etc etc ad infinitum. Every time.

Besides, deathpervs, it's "hanged" when you hang someone, not "hung". As in "I am prodigiously well-hung. But people who believe what they read in the Daily Mail should be hanged."

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
when there is clear evidence and a jury can say without ANY doubt someone murdered someone else, of course they should have the death sentence. the judicial system is an absolute mess. and if you look at that bbc link at the top of the page, and scroll to the bottom, there is a list of 13 teenagers murdered this year already. how many of them sound english? something needs to be done urgently about gang problems in london.

Agree entirely that something urgently needs to be done about the gang problems but that isnt killing them. If thats your idea of a solution why dont we look at the Brazilian method where homeless children and street drug dealers are gunned down in cold blood.

As i said earlier, these murders are increasingly being committed by children and people are too busy talking about suitability of punishment rather than looking to address the causes of the murders.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Agree entirely that something urgently needs to be done about the gang problems but that isnt killing them. If thats your idea of a solution why dont we look at the Brazilian method where homeless children and street drug dealers are gunned down in cold blood.

As i said earlier, these murders are increasingly being committed by children and people are too busy talking about suitability of punishment rather than looking to address the causes of the murders.

in your opinion, what are the causes of the murders? or why do these kids hang around in gangs carrying knives and guns?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Halle-bloody-lujah, someone with a brain who doesn't sound a bit of a weird death fantastist..."I'd string 'em up myself...yes I would...would love to do that...watch the bastards suffering" etc etc etc ad infinitum. Every time.

Besides, deathpervs, it's "hanged" when you hang someone, not "hung". As in "I am prodigiously well-hung. But people who believe what they read in the Daily Mail should be hanged."

so you agree murderers should be jailed, given three meals a day, a comfortable bed, widescreen tvs, ps3s etc etc, often a better life than what they would have had at home, as a punishment? costing the tax payer millions every year?!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
in your opinion, what are the causes of the murders? or why do these kids hang around in gangs carrying knives and guns?

because quite simply the government and local councils are lining their pockets instead of investing money in youth projects etc.

The youth club local to me opens just one evening a week for 2 hours??

Pointless the place even being there. The one i used to go to as a child was open 4 hours a night 7 days a week and during the day in the school holidays as well, This was all run by volunteers as the council wouldn't fund it

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

In my opinion the biggest problem is a lack of discipline and respect. When growing up I was taught to respect people and respect my elders. Less than 10 years on a culture with a significant lack of respect has replaced it. Parents are either choosing not to teach their children respect or are trying and failing. Teachers are unable to teach them respect. And ultimately the police are unable to.

Someone needs to take responsibility and try and restore the respect in kids these days.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
so you agree murderers should be jailed, given three meals a day, a comfortable bed, widescreen tvs, ps3s etc etc, often a better life than what they would have had at home, as a punishment? costing the tax payer millions every year?!

Typical assumption! Nowhere did MoH mention anything about comfortable beds, PS3 or the like. There is a middle ground between our current sitation and the death pentalty. It goes along the lines of life meaning life, less comfortable cells etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here