Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Razak Sign???

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He started showboating after we went two nil up. I also had a great view of him from the West Stand doing an 'eyes one way, pass the ball the other, 20 yards, right on the spot'. Classiest bit of skill I've seen for a while from a player in the Stripes.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
of course we have a chance...it wasn't that long ago this kid was at Palace and they couldn't even see the potential in him to pay for his paperwork to get him signed to play. The amounts touted on here for him are riddiculous.

We need to make the kid feel as if he's loved in Brighton (like we did with Lua Lua)...then the pull will be too strong to resist.

Believe that if it makes you feel better.

Also the bit about Palace is just daft. He was 15 then and listen to what Neil Warnock said:

In his column for the Independent, Warnock revealed: "We had a young lad there (at Crystal Palace) who had come over from Ghana [sic] to play in a junior tournament and clearly wanted to stay in Britain. He told us he was 15 years old, though he was very reluctant to tell us anything about who he was or where he had come from. He had no passport. What he did have was bags of ability. In fact, I've never seen such a talented 15-year-old.

"Palace helped him in a way that I've never seen any club support a young player. They spent a year coaching him and giving him all the support he needed. They made sure he was living in a safe environment and had money in his pocket. When Palace played Manchester City I went out of my way to introduce him to Emmanuel Adebayor.

"However, without a passport he had problems staying here. The club worked tirelessly to help him. I went to four meetings with the immigration people in Croydon to speak on his behalf.

"Then one day, without even telling us, he vanished. We couldn't get hold of him at his home and never saw or heard from him again. His name was Abdul Razak.

"I read the other day about an 18-year-old African player who made his debut for Manchester City earlier this month.

"You can imagine how the steam came out of my ears when I read this, after all the time and help we had given him."

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Believe that if it makes you feel better.

Also the bit about Palace is just daft. He was 15 then and listen to what Neil Warnock said:

In his column for the Independent, Warnock revealed: "We had a young lad there (at Crystal Palace) who had come over from Ghana [sic] to play in a junior tournament and clearly wanted to stay in Britain. He told us he was 15 years old, though he was very reluctant to tell us anything about who he was or where he had come from. He had no passport. What he did have was bags of ability. In fact, I've never seen such a talented 15-year-old.

"Palace helped him in a way that I've never seen any club support a young player. They spent a year coaching him and giving him all the support he needed. They made sure he was living in a safe environment and had money in his pocket. When Palace played Manchester City I went out of my way to introduce him to Emmanuel Adebayor.

"However, without a passport he had problems staying here. The club worked tirelessly to help him. I went to four meetings with the immigration people in Croydon to speak on his behalf.

"Then one day, without even telling us, he vanished. We couldn't get hold of him at his home and never saw or heard from him again. His name was Abdul Razak.

"I read the other day about an 18-year-old African player who made his debut for Manchester City earlier this month.

"You can imagine how the steam came out of my ears when I read this, after all the time and help we had given him."

ha,shame we've just played leeds.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Didn't go to Hell midweek, but yesterday he had a pretty free, proper central midfield role, our other midfielders Navarro and Reyes were more defensive and Barnes plays just behind and around our striker.

Now I'm not always the most attentive of people, but you shurely mean Navarro and Bridcutt? Even more pedantic, Barnes played on the left (the majority of the time) yesterday. You sure you were at the game? Go on then, what colours were we wearing!!!!???!!! Joke.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
In answer to the City supporters question about where he played, he was box to box and ran the show. This kid is pure class. A bit raw, but probably the best midfield performance I have seen by an Albion player for many many years. That audacious cross field ball with the outside of his boot was unreal. My lad and I just looked at each other in disbelief. I'm sure he will only get better while he is with us and it should make the rest of the season even more of a treat. Great bit of business between the 2 clubs. He will be a star.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Possibly the best individual performance seen this season, oozes class. He's a prem player no question and diff to see how we get him unless we can actually go up. If he gets loaned out again suspect it'l be to a Prem outfit.

We just have to be grateful for the time we get I reckon

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Reminded me of when I first saw Sidwell on loan, only this guy was better. He can't play that well every game, but he clearly is a superstar of the very near future. He must be playing prem football next season. The only negative thing is that he was so good it did show how much we need to improve to be a premiership side.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Reminded me of when I first saw Sidwell on loan, only this guy was better. He can't play that well every game, but he clearly is a superstar of the very near future. He must be playing prem football next season. The only negative thing is that he was so good it did show how much we need to improve to be a premiership side.

Interesting fellow too. Very good live interview on the radio after the game and at one point was trying to get the south end of wsl to make more noise. Then bashing the badge on his chest as he went off. He has star quality and i suspect a big brain.

Sent from my field radio

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here