Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Razak Sign???

Buckley's Chance

Buckley's love child
Jan 2, 2012
Australia
It'd be absolutely amazing if he did, or if we could get a season long deal for him next season. He could get us to the playoffs this season!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The Geezer is talented no doubt. If City don't want him there will be a queue of about 20 clubs that would take Raz IMO. Maybe, just maybe if we went up then possibly a small chance. Just goes to show having a great stadium, great manager, great fan support & a great supportive Chairman, the type of players we can attract.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
The best box to box player I have seen in the stripes is not gonna come to us on a permanent deal in the near future I'm afraid!

I hope our development players are getting a chance to work with him a bit while he's here to see what they should be aspiring to!

I also hope that he goes on to fulfill his potential and doesn't just rot in Citeh's reserves collecting easy wages for too long when he goes back to them!

A big thank you to Tony and Gus for bringing him to us... He oozes class and at 19 years of age.... Just incredible talent, incredible!

Erm......some of our development players are maybe older than Rasak ...amazing talent !

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
That's what happens when you learn from your compatriate, Yaya Toure.

Also, this kid has been training with our FIRST TEAM for over a year now. He is the only youngster that does regularly (I think).
No disrespect (and believe me I'm not trying to sound condescending) to the Championship, but I do think this has improved Razak because playing against world class players in training is of a higher quality than the football played in the Championship.

Oh, and he's played for Manchester City under a manager that doesn't like to play youngsters (imo). Says it all really...

Not condescending at all.... what you say is right , and we could all see today what training with world class players does for you....especially if you WANT to learn ! An exceptional talent, which we can enjoy for the rest of this season . Hopefully some of our midfielders can learn from this BOY !! Amazing .

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
Not condescending at all.... what you say is right , and we could all see today what training with world class players does for you....especially if you WANT to learn ! An exceptional talent, which we can enjoy for the rest of this season . Hopefully some of our midfielders can learn from this BOY !! Amazing .

Cheers mate.

By the way, what role does he play for your team? Central midfielder or attacking midfielder? I know he is great at both.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Cheers mate.

By the way, what role does he play for your team? Central midfielder or attacking midfielder? I know he is great at both.

He looked dreadfull yesterday his passing was shit , you realy don`t want him back.:D:albion2:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Not forgetting his attempted acrobatic overhead clearance on the edge of our penalty area which just flew straight up and back into our box.

Yeah that was hilarious, I was like "Who tries to do a overhead kick in their own box?", guy next to me, "Abdul Razak does.". And we both looked back at him and nodded wisely.

I wouldn't go too mad and compare him now with proven great midfield dominators but he certainly looks like he could be as good.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BBC Sport - Football - Manchester City

The only reason that Razak is not on the list is because he is a youth player and they do not have to be in the top 25.

Quite a lot of competition for a first team place at City. If we get to the Premier, we will need four players of his quality. Central defender, Keeper and striker.

Maybe David Pizarro will sign permanently for Manchester City?

Last edited:

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
BBC Sport - Football - Manchester City

The only reason that Razak is not on the list is because he is a youth player and they do not have to be in the top 25.

Quite a lot of competition for a first team place at City. If we get to the Premier, we will need four players of his quality. Central defender, Keeper and striker.

Maybe David Pizarro will sign permanently for Manchester City?
Who would you buy though. I think good ball playing midfielders and left backs are the hardest players to find these days. Just my opinion, though.

Also mate, what position does Abdul play for your lot? Central midfield or attacking midfield?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Didn't go to Hell midweek, but yesterday he had a pretty free, proper central midfield role, our other midfielders Navarro and Reyes were more defensive and Barnes plays just behind and around our striker. So their great play gave him the freedom to do it though. He didn't get level with the forwards often and he didn't drop back into defense if one of them went up the field. I don't mean to compare him to other names in term of skills but more of position - so a position more similar to Viera than Makélelé.

Really good at holding the ball, can stand up and not get knocked off the ball by challenges he turns his back to and other pushes and shoves from behind or the side. Great going forward and making accurate passes to either wing from the centre of the pitch, on the deck or over the top. Didn't let himself get dragged out of that role and position very often at all either, so pretty impressive discipline overall for a young player as well.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
No. But let's just use the loan to our benefit; City have such depth that hopefully he won't be getting into the first team for a while, so just keep him on loan for as long as possible.

of course we have a chance...it wasn't that long ago this kid was at Palace and they couldn't even see the potential in him to pay for his paperwork to get him signed to play. The amounts touted on here for him are riddiculous.

We need to make the kid feel as if he's loved in Brighton (like we did with Lua Lua)...then the pull will be too strong to resist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here