Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no Colin Kazimn Richards on for Fenerbache thread

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Neil Warnock only got one goal out of him in the Premier League. Now everyone is saying that he is the best player since sliced bread was invented simply because he scored against Chelsea.

Well put into perspective. CKR has scored only two goals all season and both of them were in the Champions League. Generally Fenerbhce put out a weaker team (except for the big three) in the Turkish League and CKR is not even guaranteed a starting place in this line up. Zico seems to rather prefer him as an impact player off the bench. He has potential but he isn't there yet and all this hype will only do him damage.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
....but I guess only Jam the Man, on NSC, knows the truth and understandably feels he cannot divulge what actually went on!

Even then, I seem to remember Jam saying that he was only in contact with his family and not in direct contact with CKR. I am pretty sure he would get a fairly biased account from his family a.k.a. Management team.

Some people are too good for this club, but are willing to put the effort in and earn a move or make a name for themselves e.g. McShane. Some are too good for the club and are looking for their next move before the ink is dry. I have no problems with players wanting to better themselves and those with ambition, but I expect them to perform and sweat blood and tears for the cause. I don’t think we can say CKR did that here. I don’t think either party, McGhee and CKR, are entirely innocent and it was just one of those things.

As for playing players ahead of CKR, I don’t think anyone should be guaranteed a starting berth if they are not committed and it would be an insult to the club, fans and fellow team mates.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Oh please. Good goal for Fenerbahce tonight, and I'm sure he'll do ok for himself.

But please don't kid yourselves that because he pinged on in in the Champions League, he would have scored loads for us.

It's been said a thousand times: the kid had talent, no doubt about it.

But he also had an ego the size of Australia, which consequently makes it extremely unlikely that he would ever have succeeded in a team like the Albion, or even Sheffield United. The players we have neither had the ability to support him, nor the will, primarily because he acted like a tosser towards them on a number of occasions.

I'd rather have ten players who want to be here and put in 100% than one posey twat who thinks (no matter how justifiably) he was too good for the Albion.

Couldn't agree more

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by edna krabappel
Oh please. Good goal for Fenerbahce tonight, and I'm sure he'll do ok for himself.

But please don't kid yourselves that because he pinged on in in the Champions League, he would have scored loads for us.

It's been said a thousand times: the kid had talent, no doubt about it.

But he also had an ego the size of Australia, which consequently makes it extremely unlikely that he would ever have succeeded in a team like the Albion, or even Sheffield United. The players we have neither had the ability to support him, nor the will, primarily because he acted like a tosser towards them on a number of occasions.

I'd rather have ten players who want to be here and put in 100% than one posey twat who thinks (no matter how justifiably) he was too good for the Albion

i couldnt agree more with you he was a complete disruptive influence to the club with his ego ..

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Just a shame that idiot McGhee didn't rate him.

What's with the attack on McGhee??

Kazim-Richards, no matter how good he was or could have been was an arrogant, self-centered idiot! And no amount of talent should overshadow that. I wouldn't of put up with him either. Actually, I was quite glad to see the back of him.

Oh and when McGhee not only took us up but kept us up, I'm sure you weren't at the games when we were playing the likes of West Ham, Watford, Sunderland .....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hoddle got 1 goal out of Zamora......
...where he only started seven games.

Meanwhile, he scored for fun down here, and has been reasonably prolific at West Ham - even in the Premiership.

On the other hand, CKR scored once in 17 starts at Sheff Utd and at Brighton he scored six times in 27 starts and a further 18 substitute appearances.

I know who I rate higher.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There are many thing to beat McGhee up over. Bit harsh on this one though.

There is a sanitised version from neil warnock of what he said to CKR when he signed on a TV programme recently (think it was The Championship) where he says he told ckr to 'knuckle down and listen to him only'. Having a colleague in our Sheffield offices who has a wife who works at the blades, Warnock to club employees, tells a more colourful version of events:

Utd made the bid for CKR and it was approved during the reserve game at Worthing. CKR gets told at half time and is despatched to Sheffield.

Apparently, during discussions the next day (deadline day), CKR's dad makes some allegations about the Albion; the club, the manager and board. Warnock knows MM well and knows DK well and doesn't believe them, but phones up MM to say that he thinks CKR is trouble and is doubting whether to conclude the deal. MM passes the phone to DK (bearing in mind this is transfer deadline day, it does also debunk the myth that DK was not available by phone to agree signings that MM wanted to make) who explains the problem with CKR is actually his dad and when left alone CKR could make it but that too many bridges had been burnt at the club with other players, coaching staff etc.

Warnock then goes back into the room, he sends Dad out and then explains in very colourful terms that CKR should get a professional agent, drop the attitude, not listen to his dad but to warnock and the coaching staff. The upshot is that CKR is left in no doubt that if he doesn't knuckle down, warnock will offload him quickly and ensure he never plays league football again. The transfer fee wasn't that big in Premiership terms so dont start coming over all Bertie Big Spuds etc etc etc

Whilst he didn't set the world alight at Utd, he did get a big money transfer and knuckle down.

Whilst this is one side of the events, I did ask DK once about it and he rather uneasily asked how I knew, but said whilst he couldn't speak about what happened at sheffield, the phone call did happen.

What I think it does show is how good a man manager warnock is, it also shows that he needed the Premiership club tag and the financial backing to make that threat. Whilst MM may not have been the worlds best man manager, he did have some successes (Currie, Butters etc) - what he didn't have , having signed CKR and the coca cola kid tag etc, was the financial ability to make the same statements to keep him in line.

Very interesting. I'd heard about that phone call happening, and it's virtually word for word as you said it there...!!

Having seen CKR from his first friendly appearance, first League game at Derby and last reserves game at Woodside Road, he always showed huge potential.

Yes he had an 'attitude' but clearly not one that cannot be directed. With his talent I would hardly expect him to be shy and retiring and the really sad thing is 'what if'.

What if Deano had had a chance to have a go with him. A manager experienced with young players and with plenty of tactical nouse - then what would have happened with CKR?

I said it before and will say again - good luck to him :clap::clap:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly just one of many mcghee blunders oh well i just hope CKR knows some people did back him at Brighton it just a shame the manager didn't.

.......just one of the many ridiculous quotes about McGhee

If you want to back an arrogant prat then you go ahead, McGhee had more sense than that. Kazim-Richards could never be bothered with Brighton and saw us merely as a stepping stone, and that's the kind you want at your club is it??
His quote about playing against Chelsea and how it would 'put him in the shop window' says everything about the bloke.

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
i totally agree with the last post. he was not interested in brighton or even fenerbache to that matter he was completely self centred.. i was so glad to see the back off him . Mcghee did alot for the albion , you must remeber the one which he gambled on adam virgo to play upfront when we must have all thought what was he doing. However he made the correct chioce and you can argue virgo's goals kept us in the championship .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Most bizarre thing I ever saw was "one of his team" coaching him from the stands at Millwall. He was looking into the stand asking where to run, he was told and off he went.

We were also "planted" with some rumours that in retrospect were complete bollocks.

I suspect there has been quite a lot posted on here that came via that route.

.. but when we met him at SOL he was absolutely charming and down to earth.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CKR might well have blagged his way into 'the shop window' in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. And I'm sure he'll get a shitload of column inches in the Sundays - but he's still not impressing the COGNOSCENT. I'd bet any money he STILL never goes up for an aerial challenge with any intention of getting anywhere near the ball. Failed to impress at Withdean or even at Woodside Road, and as sure an indication as you'll ever get that there's far too much money sloshing around the game for so-so players. Oh well, next stop Barca for CKR :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here