Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no Colin Kazimn Richards on for Fenerbache thread

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He was in the paper today saying how life in Istanbul is great, etc etc. Then he said something which says everything about him for me. He said, "I hope to get on against Chelsea to put myself in the shop window". Too big for Fenerbache then?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Did he do that stuoid 'A' sign when he scored?

D

Deleted member 2719

And then proceeded to manage him with all the skill of a demented duck on acid.

:p

Exactly just one of many mcghee blunders oh well i just hope CKR knows some people did back him at Brighton it just a shame the manager didn't.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Haha, well done McGhee. Quality goal.

People keep banging on about his attitute. If he's got enough talent for a Champions league quarter finalist then I can see why he was a bit peeved to be Brighton's 4th choice striker.

Leon Knight - McGhee was right
Kazim-Richards - McGhee was wrongards

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins dropped Cox for throwing a strop and all of NSC are lauding Wilkins saying what a strong manager blah blah, McGhee drops CK-R atfre he came on for 25 mins at Rotherham clearly couldn't be arsed and a up yours to the manager and BHAFC fans and McGhee is Satan's Spawn.

I give up with you lot I really do.

Whilst I congratulate CKR on his goal last night and wish him all the best his in his career, it was patently obvious that he didn't want to do anything at brighton other than get out of here as soon as possible. We never saw the best he could do, he simply never performed for us. I cannot recall a game where he dominated as the best player. We saw glimpses of his talent but little more than that.

He has now proved that he was to good for us but its a shame he didn't play like it whilst here.

Well done last night CKR, and all the best for the future.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Most good players have ego's, Mcghee was a fool when it came to CKR.

How he thought playing Hart ahead of him was the right choice I will never understand, If he thought he was too good for Brighton (which he was) he could of left at the end of the season scoring goals that may not have kept Brighton up but it would of given them a better chance.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It would have helped if CKR had turned up for training on time or even at all. It wasn't the way to endear himself to his team mates let alone the manager.
Perhaps he thought he was too good to train?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
he could of left at the end of the season scoring goals that may not have kept Brighton up but it would of given them a better chance.

he could have left at the end of the season scoring goals that may not have kept Brighton up but it would have given them a better chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most good players have ego's, Mcghee was a fool when it came to CKR.

How he thought playing Hart ahead of him was the right choice I will never understand, If he thought he was too good for Brighton (which he was) he could of left at the end of the season scoring goals that may not have kept Brighton up but it would of given them a better chance.

Seems to me he didn't want to play for McGhee for whatever reasons and to then to expect McGhee to then keep picking him would have been madness as he patently did not put in the effort for him. Personality clashes are something that happens, consider Westlake and the Leeds manager. Does anyone on here reckon that he's not good enough for Leeds? It happens all the time in football clubs. What cannot be denied is that CKR was a MASSIVE talent and even those that slag off his attitude can see that. As we are never likely to know what actually went on between CKR and the management just blaming McGhee for everything is too easy and may even be right but I guess only Jam the Man, on NSC, knows the truth and understandably feels he cannot divulge what actually went on!

Real shame that we never saw the consistent best of him.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Neil Warnock only got one goal out of him in the Premier League. Now everyone is saying that he is the best player since sliced bread was invented simply because he scored against Chelsea.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There are many thing to beat McGhee up over. Bit harsh on this one though.

There is a sanitised version from neil warnock of what he said to CKR when he signed on a TV programme recently (think it was The Championship) where he says he told ckr to 'knuckle down and listen to him only'. Having a colleague in our Sheffield offices who has a wife who works at the blades, Warnock to club employees, tells a more colourful version of events:

Utd made the bid for CKR and it was approved during the reserve game at Worthing. CKR gets told at half time and is despatched to Sheffield.

Apparently, during discussions the next day (deadline day), CKR's dad makes some allegations about the Albion; the club, the manager and board. Warnock knows MM well and knows DK well and doesn't believe them, but phones up MM to say that he thinks CKR is trouble and is doubting whether to conclude the deal. MM passes the phone to DK (bearing in mind this is transfer deadline day, it does also debunk the myth that DK was not available by phone to agree signings that MM wanted to make) who explains the problem with CKR is actually his dad and when left alone CKR could make it but that too many bridges had been burnt at the club with other players, coaching staff etc.

Warnock then goes back into the room, he sends Dad out and then explains in very colourful terms that CKR should get a professional agent, drop the attitude, not listen to his dad but to warnock and the coaching staff. The upshot is that CKR is left in no doubt that if he doesn't knuckle down, warnock will offload him quickly and ensure he never plays league football again. The transfer fee wasn't that big in Premiership terms so dont start coming over all Bertie Big Spuds etc etc etc

Whilst he didn't set the world alight at Utd, he did get a big money transfer and knuckle down.

Whilst this is one side of the events, I did ask DK once about it and he rather uneasily asked how I knew, but said whilst he couldn't speak about what happened at sheffield, the phone call did happen.

What I think it does show is how good a man manager warnock is, it also shows that he needed the Premiership club tag and the financial backing to make that threat. Whilst MM may not have been the worlds best man manager, he did have some successes (Currie, Butters etc) - what he didn't have , having signed CKR and the coca cola kid tag etc, was the financial ability to make the same statements to keep him in line.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's been said a thousand times: the kid had talent, no doubt about it.

But he also had an ego the size of Australia, which consequently makes it extremely unlikely that he would ever have succeeded in a team like the Albion, or even Sheffield United. The players we have neither had the ability to support him, nor the will, primarily because he acted like a tosser towards them on a number of occasions.

I'd rather have ten players who want to be here and put in 100% than one posey twat who thinks (no matter how justifiably) he was too good for the Albion.

what she said. i dont bother to follow the progress of CKR like i might look out for other ex-players because as far as im concerned he wasnt really a fully fledged, commited Albion player. Tell you what, if you ever see him call him the coca-cola kid and tell him you're an Alboin fan. i bet he'll be well chuffed to see you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here